MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I never feel sorry for other players. All other players are my potential opponents by default, so I will never sympathize with them.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The bigger the ratio between your short stack and large or effective stack, the more you should be aware of the fact that someone will be calling your shoves or you might even get into a multipot. Should be prepared for a chance of losing with your better hands. That's why with a short stack you normally not sitting and waiting for premium hands. You should try and maintain the size of your stack, so your shoves are more respected. And if they call you with 93, you failed to do that :) So no need to be angry.

DTMath

DTMath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only when I play CC games and take someone out with a hand I needed some luck to get the last card needed to complete the hand. It lasts for one hand. None CC games all I can say is life sucks hope you are not doing this for a living. Always more games.

L

Liru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I never feel sorry. Like they are running bad, they will also run good. Feel sorry for those who have a gambling problem and are just losing every game.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why should I ?

It's their decision to gamble.

Only sometimes when i see people play really really really stupid
i feel sorry for their parents...

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a battle so if you fill sorry. You will end soon in the poker world. You are there to win thats the key of poker.

M

moosepaw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, and here's why. If you're a winning player you, by DEFINITION, have an average positive EV meaning you get sucked out on more than your average competition.

If anything you release a bit of air through your nose and reminisce about that one tournament where that suckout/cooler happened to you 2-3 times.

Last edited:

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not feel bad, as they have mentioned it is part of the game and also usual to happen, even the players who lose so are accustomed:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to understand that this is poker and not always the highest hand wins against the youngest, you just need to put up with it and take it as part of the game, for granted. Good luck at the tables!

Agreed! Great response.

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
feelings????????????

The feeling i get is, man, hope that doesnt happen to me, but of course it will, and has, and thats part of the game of poker .

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
No I do not feel sorry, because poker is a fight and the win is needed. You must act like a hunter, and sorry has no place in play!:fight:

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never feel sorry for any players its all in the game and we have all been there.:):):)

Misofer

Misofer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In that specific situation it's logical to make that move. I used to feel bad about getting bad beats but it's part of the game. As long as you know you made the right choice it's all that matters.

SlyVII

SlyVII

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not really, winning/losing is how the game of poker goes. If they are the ones to profit from me, then kudos to them. I wouldn't feel mad if I was in their position.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Empathy, not as much sympathy..

You play enough poker, you often see a scenario you've been in before. We've all felt the sting of chasing the stacks until the very end, a coin flip vs chip leader, you lose; it's the usual outcome when chasing in a long tourney.
When I have chips, I take no joy in grinding a smaller stack all the way out. It is just part of the process; if I'm not taking others out, they are doing their best to take me out.
But there is a little pleasure seeing a early stage chip bully being taken down.

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone.

I believe that what should be at a poker table is respect, but, beyond that in my private life I am supportive and empathetic, this is poker.

Greetings.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I no longer even feel sorry for yourself and not what other players (the main thing for me to play, plus EB) .

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have only felt bad a couple of times taking money from older players who didn't really know what they were doing.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not feel sorry as we are all players. We should know our risks and the effect of variance on the outcome and just accept it as part of the game. As they say in a gambling song - "you win some, loose some and do the same to me". :)

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's complicated but we have to get used to it, tournaments have a lot of variance and players have to get used to it. Not always the best hand will win, so the good thing is not to think about these things and do your best, if you make the right decisions all right, at least you did your best, if you lost your premium hand it was the fault of the variance and not yours :):)

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like when someone at your table is short stack and goes all in with AA, KK...and someone with a lot of chips calls it with 3 and 9 or something like that, and wins a hand...I often think how angry I would be.

I feel kind of bad (and guilty) for the guys who are at the tables every day with a min-buy in stack whom I watch get wrecked by the 4 other regs at the table over and over. It feels wrong to me to exploit these players since I wonder if they have a gambling addiction :(

I sometimes just give these guys a break by checking it down when I don't have a pair or better.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I feel kind of bad (and guilty) for the guys who are at the tables every day with a min-buy in stack whom I watch get wrecked by the 4 other regs at the table over and over. It feels wrong to me to exploit these players since I wonder if they have a gambling addiction :(

I sometimes just give these guys a break by checking it down when I don't have a pair or better.

I can relate to you here ^

For me, cash tables & tournaments are two different things. Years ago I felt bad while playing on cash tables (Fulltilt days) and after easily stacking some donkey I would often ship them their 100bb's back via a transfer. I'd picture them sitting there, feeling totally defeated over & over... maybe down to their last $'s in their account. Certainly not the ruthless type of mindset one might find to be more optimal, lol. I'd also picture them having a gambling addiction.

But for tournament play I don't feel bad or sorry for anyone. I don't experience the same moral dilemma there. I actually focused on tournament play for my first 4yrs. online partly because of this.

Today I play mostly cash & I don't think about it at all. I don't even picture the other players on my table as people... & if I do, I don't picture the 18yr. old kid in some 3rd world county hardly being able to buy into a $5 mtt or some grandma who lives down the street from me, having fun while sipping her afternoon tea while feeling sorry for them when they lose. Instead I might picture some pimply-faced, mouthy teenage punk with his jeans pulled down & hangin' below his arse, hat turned sideways while holding an assortment of odd finger sign languages up in front of his face, sayin' stuff like 'axe' when it clearly should be 'ask' & he knows it. It's much easier for me this way, lol.

When some donk sucks out on someone on a tournament table, I picture someone who hardly even realizes how lucky they actually just got... I picture that old grandma shouting out over to her half-asleep husband who's pretending to read the newspaper "Honey I hit my straight! I knew it was going to be a '4'... "FOUR!!!! Come on FOUR!!!" "

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That happens to me and I do not expect anyone to feel sorry for me. It is poker, if it was a tournament, then it means another player eliminated. I felt sorry for a lady a months back so I did not go all and take her chips, much to her surprise. Guess what she came back strong and knocked me out about an hour later. Good for her, I was a fool.

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont feel sorry at at all..

And i hate when people say sorry, at least pay me the buy-in back if you feel really sorry

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This happens very often...You have to accept this as part of the game:(