Chris ferguson 10k challenge, fake or not

FreeRollWannabe

FreeRollWannabe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first problem to address is the hardest: how do you get anywhere starting with zero in your poker account? Luckily, you don’t have to pay to play online and Full Tilt offers an array of freerolls that enable you to play for free and win real money. Back when I started my challenge, Full Tilt was running a couple every day and I’d try to play them, at least once every other day. There would be around 900 players in each tournament and the top 18 spots got paid – first place would get $ 5, second $ 3, and third to 18th $ 2 apiece. If you didn’t sign up within the first 90 seconds of registration opening, the tournament would fill up and you’d have to wait until the next one, so I’d set an alarm clock to remind me. I didn’t want to use my connections to get registered into a tournament, as I wanted to demonstrate how anyone could do the same thing

Man I had forgotten all about how it was back then! I remember those free rolls and about half the time even tho I was waiting for it I still didn't get in.

Geez those were the days!

Anywho, yeah its real, BRM is huge. Taking the time to read Chris' stuff is always a wise investment.

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have my doubts about it, why should he waste his time with this (time consuming) freerolls and micro stakes.
Most of the Full Tilt and pokerstars "pros", tv players, live players etc. have very bad stats and cant beat the game...:icon_puke ...they are jokers.
The true poker players are sitting behind their computers and dont get all the attention. They are geniuses and are able to beat the game.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Some of you probably already heard of chris ferguson's 10k challenge on full tilt. He reached the goal of 10k in 1,5 year or so (i'm not sure). I had a lot of respect for that and watched videos of that on the full tilt site & was really enthousiastic.

But just now i found this site pokertableratings.com where you can search for your money earning in cashgames. First i searched myself and it was pretty accurate. So I searched a few pro's and some random ppl online and some friends. But then i thought about the 10k challenge, and how i was suppose to see the progress but all i see is a big loosing streak! His total earnings says: -3k and on sharkscope his earnings (sharkscope only finds MTT/SNG) -1,6k.
Is the 10k challenge fake?
Or did the 10k challenge happen so far in the future that we can't see any of that data no more?

1. PTR,SS,OPR are not 100% acurate. If you use a program like Pokertracker or HEM try comparing your database numbers with thouse of the sites. I gurantee you they will not match 100%.
2.He did reach 10k from 0 but he also played before and after the challenge so some of thouse loses could be old/new.
3. PTR is a relativly new site and if im not mistaken has only been tracking FTP since Jan of last year.

So yeah its not fake...

And pokertableratings only counts ring/cash games.. doesn't count for tournaments, which he played a lot of.

F

fergusonfraud

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
jesus ferguson a fraud in 10 k challenge

Go to official poker rankings. you see of 2006 november hes up 100 dollars then in december and january he makes nothing. He gets frustrated and buys in for a 500 dollar tournament in febuary and then hits like 1200 dollars and then from the 1200 dollars he builds his roll. He didn't have the roll to buy in for a 500 dollar tournament and he didn't get in any satellites to win a ticket to that tournament and there is no way he could afford a tournament like that with over 3000 players. So hes a complete fraud. Honest my butt.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The thread is quite old, the issue is moot, and welcome to Cards Chat.

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But quite an interesting revival in the light of current frauds.
Perhaps we were all too gullible back then. idk

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting choice of screen name and first post topic. Why so mad?

Ferguson wasn't only playing tourneys in his challenge, and cash games don't show up on OPR. Also, he wasn't ONLY playing for his $0-10k challenge during this time, and I suspect the $500 buyin tourney was with his own personal bankroll and not for the challenge. See, even red poker pros are only allowed to have one account on FTP.

Discredit the man all you want for his lack of moral fiber and business ethics (if he is indeed found guilty), but his Ferguson challenge is pretty sound and many have duplicated it and have used it as inspiration for growing large bankrolls from zero money invested.