Chat abuse at the table?

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let it go. Don't forget everyone is so much cooler online, in their minds, in moms basement, so just picture them there. Worth a laugh anytime:

YouTube - Brad Paisley - Online

BTW have to double click the link to get there, so cool online eh?

BTWA: How do you get an online poker pro off your porch?

Last edited:
C

chuckgellasc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love the people that get really belligerent at the tables. I play mostly cash and one of my coaches /stakers is the best at coolering these guys. After stacking them he will ask "would it be more convenient to just transfer the money to me?"

Or he will just randomly start to chant their name. Pure gold

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"When u got my kinda stats, its hard to get a date."

K

Kwolff

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally do not understand why people have to be teachers(ignorant ones at that) at the table.

How many times in rl or online do you see or hear someone bitching a player out for a bad play blah blah blah and telling them the right play(not always correct lol when the do). I mean these people think their pros and either actually teach a bad player something or chase the guy away. I feel like reaching through the computer and slapping them silly for chasing away easy money sometimes.

I was playing in a small limit holdem game at the Rio one time and a guy dropped 600 in about one hour and some change. He was horrible three betting small pockets down to the river with paint on the board. People winning against him were like OMG I was sweating my trips or two pair etc. All were pretty good about beating him except for one kid(Ill call him that for his immature behavior) , he kept telling the guy how bad he suked and so on. Finally the guy said "I have had enough of you (talking to the kid), I have never played holdem before and wanted to play, but if your going to shove my face in the dirt Ill go back over to craps." and left.

Grrrr I see this daily online and it makes me sick. Why cant people just take their bad beat , if it was one, and say nh knowing they will have a good shot to get their money back down the line?

C

CromMitra

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i totally agree.....if some one is playing bad but getting lucky that's the way it goes,but don't make things worse by showing your poker "genius" and telling him how to play better.they just might listen to you and stop playing so bad.i say sit back try to relax and hope you can take a chunk before someone else cleans them out

T

thebiatch22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love the ones who get all mad those are the best to take out lol

B

BostonRobber

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to ignore them but having observed how easy it is to push them over the edge into full tilt I now engage them, both for amusement and profit.

narizblanco

narizblanco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me I play better if I Keep my responses to nh and ty and ignore the critics and whiners because no one cares especially the people who tell you what they folded.

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have to say i play live a fair amount of time, and it is really the rare person who is a out and out jerk. people just love to hide behind that computer and be a baaaaad ass.:rolleyes:

Onadar

Onadar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker gets to everyone from time to time or we wouldn't be human, but i do appreciate people with a little bit of class at the tables, lord knows what i really wanted to say wasn't nh but you should be really nice to the fish, they don't know their fish.

P

PDMike425

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
man, i wish i was at a table with a guy learning to play poker, he might be playing like a donk, but if he's willing to throw down 600 bucks in a hour and not care, probably a good person to be friends with. i'd beat the sh*t outta the kid who tilted the guy and forced him to leave. the best part is that good play will always win in the long run, so have patience and things will pay off.

B

beefcake413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest thing that irritates me is people that can't let a loss go. I had one woman harass me for over 2 hours after she was knocked out of the tournament because I knocked her out (on a good play). it was ridiculous and unnecessary. I also agree that teaching bad players how to play better defeats the purpose. You want people to donk out and play badly, that's how you make money, just have to wait them out.

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the ones you bust and they look up your stats. Then go on and on about how bad you play and how you suck, but keep in mind, you just knocked them out and now they're watching.

Poker is funny because you never see it in RL tables. People may get upset and leave, but you never see people go on and on talking about how bad you play or putting you down, telling you how bad your Mom was in bed, etc.

GL to all on the felt.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Don’t tap on the aquarium – It disturbs the fish

I like the phrase “Don’t Tap on the Aquarium”, originally coined by Phil Gordon.

Some players can’t help themselves and must express their contempt of poor play. Doing so is a mistake and totally counter-productive. You want other players to make mistakes when playing poker.

If players are making bad calls, it is most likely they will suck out on you, or someone else, during the game. The last thing you should do is abuse them. You do not want them to start playing better or leave the table. It would be better to joke around with them, and make them feel as relaxed as possible. This greatly increases the chance that they will stay in the game until they go broke.

A

adamb

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think the whiners are hilarious they make me laugh telling others how to play
there funny until they start to get personal with all the shit talking
thats when they need to grow up:D