Calling members of CC for SNG help!

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone earlier said VARIANCE, which is all your tables show, and there is nothing statistically meaningful in a sample of a few hundred hands. In other words, two charts with such small samples mean nothing statistically, so any answer as to 'what is wrong here' might equally have to do with your cat.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone earlier said VARIANCE, which is all your tables show, and there is nothing statistically meaningful in a sample of a few hundred hands. In other words, two charts with such small samples mean nothing statistically, so any answer as to 'what is wrong here' might equally have to do with your cat.
Same with a few hundred games...

C

custo80

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think variance is my problem, I think I'm approaching the games incorrectly and I'm not sure how to fix it.

As Sindri suggested I played 6 $3 games rather than my usual 4 and cashed 4 out of 6 with 2 wins. See more here.

Blog Update.

Does anyone here play and succeed at the $6.50 SnG @ stars? If so what can you recommend?

Thanks

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SNG variance is big and this may all mean nothing. Turbo SNG variance is even higher. I was quite profitable when I played those and still had loosing streaks of 15+ games.

One major aspect when moving up in level is that you have less fishes that bust out in the very low blind levels and therefore you have more players in the game when push/fold strategy comes into play, so you need to play it a LOT better. Are you sure you master that part of the game correctly? You should probably check your hand histories with the trial version of SNGWiz.

Goldog

Goldog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't under estimate variance! It tends to be amplified on the move up. I don't know why...:confused:

Maybe, in part due to...

Scared money.:eek: When you double your buy-in it is possible even at $3-6. If you are a little intimidated it shows. You must be willing to take risks at least as much at the higher BI. Opponents tend to get more aggressive as you move up the ladder too (even at micros) so you'll get a double whammy. You need to be more aware of who has cards and who is likely to be shoveling money. Playing 4 tables with no Poker Tracker doesn't allow this level of awareness.

1 more question, why turbos? As a profitable player the fast structure works against you.

I get a sense that you are pressing, trying to 4 table in order to build your BR more rapidly while technically staying within guidelines:joyman: . (Kudos on the BR management BTW) In the OP I got that feeling you are trying to dictate the absolute worst case expectation, when in reality the "poker gods" may have other ideas, like 8th,6th, 4th,4th. Slow down! Try some non-turbos $5.50, less tables . Maybe even take a shot at a $10 and 1 table. Sometimes multi-tabling will serve to make a profitable player into a break-even or losing player. I find 2 tables is a good balance for me, I can pay attention, not get too bored and still cruise the forums.:D

good luck,
goldog