Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
90 days should be more than enough time to lose your money...lol....

but on a real note, you had better make sure you are properly bankrolled...even if you do lose (likely if you are new), you will learn a lot from the experience for sure).

looks like you've read through the thread :rolleyes:

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The fact i am from the UK and i don't have a criminal record or anything of that sort and it says i am eligible to stay for up to 90 days at a time for Business or Pleasure but to to work basically...

How were they living there then? Were they working in America therefor was able to get a green card or Visa or whatever it is that way?

any information is greatly appreciated and i am thankful for it.

Oh yea - I thought you meant to stay longer than that.

My husband got transferred with his job and they sponsored him with a work visa - it is very expensive for a company to do that - costs them thousands of dollars annually.

Our friends - the guy worked for the same company as Joe did so he had a work visa too - but his girlfriend didn't. She had to return home every 90 days - and on the third time she almost didn't get back in to the US. So they got married - and the same company hired her as well. Now they both have green cards.

So you would probably not get back in a third time - they told her she would not get back in the next time. They can tell when you are trying to live here part time and that is not permitted.

Some countries have lotteries for Visas - but if you are from England you can forget that.

We have a friend from ireland who has applied for the Irish Visa lottery - they are not as hard to get there.

bushy_lufc

bushy_lufc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh yea - I thought you meant to stay longer than that.

My husband got transferred with his job and they sponsored him with a work visa - it is very expensive for a company to do that - costs them thousands of dollars annually.

Our friends - the guy worked for the same company as Joe did so he had a work visa too - but his girlfriend didn't. She had to return home every 90 days - and on the third time she almost didn't get back in to the US. So they got married - and the same company hired her as well. Now they both have green cards.

So you would probably not get back in a third time - they told her she would not get back in the next time. They can tell when you are trying to live here part time and that is not permitted.

Some countries have lotteries for Visas - but if you are from England you can forget that.

We have a friend from Ireland who has applied for the Irish Visa lottery - they are not as hard to get there.

OK thats all fair.

Lets say i decided to go 6 months of a year and break it down like 90 days in Vegas, 2 weeks home then 90 days or so in Barcelona or Prague 2 weeks home 90 days in Vegas 2 weeks home and so on?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You probably won't get back into the US on your 3rd attempt.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually the more I think about this the more I think you could even have problems on your 2nd attempt to return. The first time you can get away with an extended vacation type story - but that probably won't work the 2nd time - 90 days later. You will need a very good reason for returning for such an extended time.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There was a professional poker player I think he was from canada said he wanted to come to the US to play poker (not sure if he said for a living or what) but they wouldn't let him in..

It's been awhile but I remember Daniel Negreanu and Mike talking about it

Royal Vegas - Leo Vegas - Sky Vegas