8$ Into 10,000$ - Challenge

brettstix

brettstix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i don't know about making it to 10,000 but i'm going to try. last night i started with $3 and turned it into $150 bucks in about 2 hours. I was doing real good playing sit n gos on fulltilt poker then when i finally got to $150 i went and played in blinds way over my head and lost everything i had. well at least i know to take easy the next time.

I know this wont be the last thread to tell this story. Been there myself. Freeroll win of $4, up to $120 in no time and then doughnuts. Who would have thought.

Now have around $800 and having fun. BR management is my friend.

W

Washout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well ur off and rinning gl on your challenge and dont let you school work get behind lol.Ill check back to see how ur doing and maybe look ya up on the site gl again!

C

chefjimmy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i commend your attempt

i think your fighting an uphill battle but its commendable...i,m hoping your factoring in that as you rise the level of skill of the player generally increases,good luck with your endevor,but i think if you make it to the big games your going to face some very tough realities...but good luck

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Kowboy,

Continued GL at this and I have a request that you give your total bankroll each day you post.I am following this daily but am likely to lose interest if I can't see each day your wins or loses and your total bankroll at the time.I do enjoy some of the hands however, this other info is really the goal of your challange,making it to $10,000 in 2 months.
Thanks in advance and Ill check back tomorrow to hopefully find exactly where your are in your quest.

Last edited:
PokerPrincess87

PokerPrincess87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
:) Hope you have a good Poker day today!!!! Just remember... Clear your head. Stay Coolio.

Corny enough for ya? lol

JaBone30

JaBone30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep grindin away man, I agree with Combu though its gonna be rough. Best of luck though we want all CCers to do well.

B

billyth3kid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in two months... im not sayin it cant be done, but n e one that can do it should think about going pro... and as for as the the 2 months limitation... i dont think its probable w/o some nice finishes in acouple rebuys.. but good luck .

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best of Luck to you! I will be following these posts carefully as I am currently re-evaluating my game/limits played/etc; I'm having some serious cash flow problems right now and I've been playing online (under a different name) for a few years now.

Honestly I am hoping to mimic success stories in order to change up and improve my bankroll.

I believe you can do this. If people want it bad enough they will find a way, as I want bad enough to improve my bankroll, through patience, re-evaluation, determination, etc; it can be done.

Seriously, best of luck to you and I will be following this closely (even if it's for selfish reasons to make improvements for myself).

Keep up the good work!
Storm

xforsake

xforsake

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
goodluck man hope you can do it!!!!!!

S

StealthLSU

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
good luck, been following this closely since you started. What is your expected gain for each level per hour or so per table. Are you looking to get maybe 40x BB per hour per table?

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll give 100:1 to anyone that he doesn't make it.

L

LarryT503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I admire your guts and go for it attitude! You have gotten off to a great start and I just want to encourage you to chase that dream, and stick to your rules. I'm looking forward to following your progress.

mets40

mets40

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On playin multiple table ring game, do you then split your 000 times the big blind? In other words if your at a level requiring $50 and play two tables, do you drop down and bring 250 bb to each table or stay with 500 bb and double your exposure and possible profit/loss?

S

SnGTurbo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been doing the same thing here only I started a little over a week ago with free rolls. My current bankroll is ~40$. Just yesterday I went from 14 to 40 and I'm using very strict br management. Buying into games with no more than $0.40. I can't wait until lowboys pulls this off. If he doesn't do it, I hope he tries again.

D

diemos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is a GREAT read, and I wish you all the luck. Looking forward to reading more.

PokerPrincess87

PokerPrincess87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep up the good work Kowboy. Seems like a lot more pple are with you rather than against you. :) I know I am. Looking forward to reading your blog about your sessions today.

S

SnGTurbo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope he does it. I want to see him rub it in all the naysayers faces lol

S

slapyomama63

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
best of luck thanks for taking the time to keep us informed.you seem disciplined and i believe that can only improve your chances for success.

H

hothandsmgee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck man. I don't think turning 8 into 10,000 is impossible, but doing it in two months probably is. Hopefully you can prove me wrong though.

K

kowboys4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DAy 11 and Day 12

day12.jpg

That pretty much says it all. I'm torn and I'm battered and I'm bruised. If I am a really bad player then so be it. If I am the unluckiest player in the world then so be it. In any case my will power is fading fast and thus I have deemed it necessary to take teh next couple of days off (Like 3 or 4) before I even play poker again let along this challenge. I can't remember the last time I saw so many sick cards layed down. If anything changes in the next couple of days I will let you know but most likely I won't be playing at all and won't be blogging. To all the naysayers you were right about this. At first I thought it was highly unlikely but now I think it is just plain impossible. Before I take my hiatus I will answer a few questions that have been asked and I will be checking this thread and updating when I get back. I do not plan on just leaving the challenge altogether. I just need a break. I hope you all understand.

K

kowboys4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Day 12 Q & A

Q: Are you aware you had a flush?
A: Obviously

Q: Are you looking to get maybe 40x BB per hour per table?
A: Good question. Unfortunately, I don't know what I was expecting and maybe I shoudl have thought that out more.

Q: So what's the word on prop bets?
A: No, It was going to be no a long time ago. But now it definately is no.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just be tight, patient and hopefully w/e it is your going through will change. Just for the record I was one of those ppl, that stated you needed to make a certain amount per day (Yet I believe you can do this regardless). Also nobody here is hating on you, just trying to be realistic with you.

Hope all things change soon for you. Besides you made 8 into $50 and up to $107, shit that's alot more then what some have on there accounts including me:). Cheers once again, keep your head up

MrFold

MrFold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I admire your spirit in taking on such an ambitious challenge. Get some rest, forget about poker for a day or two and then come back firing on all cylinders. Good luck.

:cool:

S

SnGTurbo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a bad day yesterday too. I went from 38 to 26. Bad bankroll management on my part. I won't have time to play today but that will give me the break I need.

My goal is $0 to $10,000 in about a year. I am up to 26 and I started on freerolls.

I'm not looking to make a career, I'm just looking for some help with my debt.