Should we play tighter when not hittin flops?

S

SrMartis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I'm actually playing NL10 at bodog poker.

One tendency I see in the field is that they almost not fold to cbet and they lead quite a lot aganist checks.

This situation is good, but only if we're hitting some decent hands in the flop.

So is hard to bluffing them they are hitting their hands.

In a session, when luck is not in our favor, should we change our style of play?

For example, steal less from the button, defend less from the BB, 3 bet less often?

Basically tighten up the ranges more and hold more the agressivity.

Does it make sense or should I keep going the same way? Just variance...?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm actually playing NL10 at Bodog poker.

One tendency I see in the field is that they almost not fold to cbet and they lead quite a lot aganist checks.

This situation is good, but only if we're hitting some decent hands in the flop.

In a session, when luck is not in our favor, should we change our style of play?

For example, steal less from the button, defend less from the BB, 3 bet less often?

How do you predict that your next hand isn't going to hit the flop favorably? Just because you might not have been hitting much up to that point, has no relevance on what happens next. If you're able to predict how you're 'going to' run, then by all means adjust your play accordingly (but please let me know how to do it).

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

How's it going on Bodog? How many players in the 10nl player pool during busiest time of the day? (what limit is next above 10nl? ... & how many are on there?). How do you find Bodog vs. some of the other sites you've played on?
thanks

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only situation, where its reasonable to change your style based on recent results, is, if they might have impacted your table image. For instance if you have been betting a lot with nothing and gotten called, then other players might be more inclined to call you again, because "he never has it". And in that situation it makes sense to cut back on bluffing and actually have it next time, you bet. But other than that its a major leak to change your strategy based on recent results. Like say your AA got cracked the last 3 times. Should you then fold AA, because its "unlucky this session"? Of course not. The chance of AA winning next time is exactly the same, as it always is.

S

SrMartis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
How's it going on Bodog? How many players in the 10nl player pool during busiest time of the day? (what limit is next above 10nl? ... & how many are on there?). How do you find Bodog vs. some of the other sites you've played on?
thanks
I cant 't são how many players are there. But in the Zoom tables display 50+ in the NL5 and 50+ as well in NL25. However the max number of table we can is 4 normal and 2 Zoom.

The only situation, where its reasonable to change your style based on recent results, is, if they might have impacted your table image. For instance if you have been betting a lot with nothing and gotten called, then other players might be more inclined to call you again, because "he never has it". And in that situation it makes sense to cut back on bluffing and actually have it next time, you bet. But other than that its a major leak to change your strategy based on recent results. Like say your AA got cracked the last 3 times. Should you then fold AA, because its "unlucky this session"? Of course not. The chance of AA winning next time is exactly the same, as it always is.

Very interesting point of view. The consequence of not hitting anything was more raise and folds post flop so I felt my image was of a weak player who folds too often in consequence people starts to 2nd and 3 barreling much more. Even floating or donkbeting more against me.

I think AA is an extremelly case. But for exemple, I'd like to steal from the button/co with J8o, J9o, T9o. In these situations when I'm ranking bad, does it make sense to stop raising these hands.? When I say running bad is not about bad beats but about not hit any piece of flop straight in a row.

Does it make sense?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think AA is an extremelly case. But for exemple, I'd like to steal from the button/co with J8o, J9o, T9o. In these situations when I'm ranking bad, does it make sense to stop raising these hands.? When I say running bad is not about bad beats but about not hit any piece of flop straight in a row. Does it make sense?
Yes if you are getting played back at more and not allowed to win any easy pots, then it does make sense to tighten up a bit, so that you have a stronger range, when you get involved. This is also true for a situation, where the player to your direct left constantly call your raises.

A

AdamasDate

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
to be honest if you show up with with all kinda hands your go
I cant 't são how many players are there. But in the Zoom tables display 50+ in the NL5 and 50+ as well in NL25. However the max number of table we can is 4 normal and 2 Zoom.

Very interesting point of view. The consequence of not hitting anything was more raise and folds post flop so I felt my image was of a weak player who folds too often in consequence people starts to 2nd and 3 barreling much more. Even floating or donkbeting more against me.

I think AA is an extremelly case. But for exemple, I'd like to steal from the button/co with J8o, J9o, T9o. In these situations when I'm ranking bad, does it make sense to stop raising these hands.? When I say running bad is not about bad beats but about not hit any piece of flop straight in a row.

Does it make sense?

Interesting thought process if your showing up with all kinda hands your naturally gona get called down lighter cause your image is bad
So tighten up your game u don't need to steal every pot specially with an aggressive player to your left or a calling station

Funny enough to beat both players u play in a similar way tighten up and play with better ranges then them and print money

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting thought process if your showing up with all kinda hands your naturally gona get called down lighter cause your image is bad. So tighten up your game u don't need to steal every pot specially with an aggressive player to your left or a calling station.
Exactly. As a rule of thumb, if we are out of position and/or multiway, and we missed the flop completely, its never that bad to simply give up and check-fold. Just because we might aim for an average C-bet of 60% or something, does not mean, we have to C-bet 60% on every single table or during every single session.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips

Hello brother

Since you are Brazilian, I recommend this coach.

Look for it on the web or YouTube, you will be interested in improving your game.

Or else search the web for pegasus (david diaz / dante lenell)

Especially Dante is a player who, like Fabian Pichara, plays a lot in Bodog with great dividends.

I can't help you because I play PLO on Ps and GG.

I know that in Bodog there are a lot of recreations and you level up very quickly, just like in GG.

Here the players in general are more into freerolls or mtts, it is more difficult for you to find a clear answer, although in some cases you may find it.

But if you like this sport, don't waste time and quickly go to the places that I told you will give you a lot of satisfaction.

Greetings.

My name is Carlos, I am from argentina. Anything you need contact me here:):):)

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I suggest adjusting how you play depending on how the rest of the table is playing. Better yet, if you have a good amount of data and experience against certain players, adjust style.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does poker feel like luck? As for me, you need to play based on your understanding of ranges, and not on luck

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think you have to look at each individual players tendencies and see how they play and adjust accordingly.

It may look like all players a cbetting all flop checked to them but what are the boards they tend to bet?? Are they dry, connected wet boards, high cards, low cards, monotone???

Obviously there are loads of combinations which tend to favour different positions from blinds and the button so you have to study opponents and the different cards they could have and how flops might favour them or you more.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, if you don't hit the flop, if your opponent is aggressive, it's better to throw it away because he will crush you to the turn and you'll just lose a lot on the river, and if you can play with him and already knock him out on the turn yourself, you need to know your opponent and then it will be easier to play