Micro FR Study Group

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just moved back to FT and FR, starting at 2nl, currently played 4300 hands and made 12.5 Bi's, obv running hot but i've played 10nl FR before so its not all good luck i'm sure

EDIT: Just realised I had filters on :D i've played 5700 hands and won $31.36 since moving back to FR, like i said, im running hot lol.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
msn: acky100@hotmail.com

Dont have skype yet will have to download tomorrow along with the other stuff!

Wow, 31 dollars over 5.7k hands at 2NL is running super good, ull be fine for 5NL in no time - good stuff

Wardo420

Wardo420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just moved back to FT and FR, starting at 2nl, currently played 4300 hands and made 12.5 Bi's, obv running hot but i've played 10nl FR before so its not all good luck i'm sure, but anyways, atm im well qualified to help you out and I think i could have you winning there in no time.

EDIT: Just realised I had filters on :D i've played 5700 hands and won $31.36 since moving back to FR, like i said, im running hot lol.

Wow nice, I look forward to getting some advice.

Just d/led the programs. Contact info:

MSN: wardo419@hotmail.com
AIM: wardo419@aim.com

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, we need more detail sharing people! I have added Acky and wardo, spoke for a bit with acky last night about each others situations and where we're at, which was cool, didnt get a chance to speak to you Wardo as I was getting set for bedtime with work early today so apologies lol, the sooner we get everyone chatting over msn the better imo as we can have big group chats on a reg basis and talk poker more!

I think a good idea that FX brought up would be to kinda chat about the current COTW over at the other forum, this helps imo as then we're not just reading it but discussing it too, and it gives us some sort of structure over what we discuss. Sucks that we have to use 2p2 to stimulate discussion but the COTW's are good no matter how douchy the gen pop is over there!

So this weeks is my favourite thing atm, isoing limpers!! I recommend that you read the post by Kurt on there as i've read that before and its v.goot!

Discuss :).......

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just thought, a better thing to do would be to read the COTW, act on it and try to work on it in your game, and then the following week discuss it, once we've all had a chance to read up on it and try to work on it.

This may be better as we'd all have different views on whether you found it effective or not and why, then people might see what your doing wrong and correct it. I dunno, kinda talking to myself with the time difference so hopefully this thread livens up again later on!

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im back from uni now so you can stop talking to yourself haha, yeah ill go and read COTW now and yeah i think discussing things like how we are going to implement them into our game and how that worked for us like a week after will be a good thing to get into. Oh and are we going to have a different thread or is this the official talking thread for us?

_dogmeat

_dogmeat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just thought, a better thing to do would be to read the COTW, act on it and try to work on it in your game, and then the following week discuss it, once we've all had a chance to read up on it and try to work on it.

This may be better as we'd all have different views on whether you found it effective or not and why, then people might see what your doing wrong and correct it. I dunno, kinda talking to myself with the time difference so hopefully this thread livens up again later on!

This sounds pretty good, IMO. I'm at work right now so can't really start chatting it up, but as soon as I get home I'll get in touch with you guys.

At our meetings we can assigns homework based on the concept we're discussing currently. Like, f.e., try and isolate at least 10 times in a single session, or c/r at least 5 times with a marginal holding on a wet/dry board etc, etc.

But, as I'm seeing it currently, I think the easiest way to go about this is to meet once a week, discuss ideas, performance etc, and then go through the week trying to do the homework assignments :)

I think Saturday or Sunday would be good enough for everybody; It would be like our weekly Gamblers Anonymous meeting :D

wrung24

wrung24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great idea for a thread, if I could play more and played FR I d definetly join in. Looking forward to following the discussion threads, I really like the idea of applying, working on and discussing the latest COTW.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah i really liked the post by kurt, im struggling with this weeks one about different types of players to iso ,kurts post made much more sense to me and seemed to be written better.

Maybe we can discuss how we deal with isolating different types of limpers with stats to explain the characteristic types of players? By "fold too much players" is the guy meaning players with a high fold to c bet? And the "meh-reg" one confuses me also.

Or is the guy talking about aggression factor stats? Ah well kurts article opened my eyes a bit and will definitely help my game.

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey y'all.

I like this idea of using the COTWs as a base for discussions.

I play nl4-nl10 6 max but I dont find the fundamentals of the game drastically different so Id like to join in here. My work is pretty ridic busy from now till June though so it'll be kinda sporadic for a while. Also, Im on the west coast of NA so my time diff is gonna be kinda crazy to all yours but Ill do what I can.

Gonna PM you OPeelio

neil1603

neil1603

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I glad it's not just me then, I read the COTW and also found it confusing. I was beginning to wonder if I should just sit back and lurk this thread. I'll look at the oher post you mention tonight and see if that helps more. :)

Yeah i really liked the post by kurt, im struggling with this weeks one about different types of players to iso ,kurts post made much more sense to me and seemed to be written better.

Maybe we can discuss how we deal with isolating different types of limpers with stats to explain the characteristic types of players? By "fold too much players" is the guy meaning players with a high fold to c bet? And the "meh-reg" one confuses me also.

Or is the guy talking about aggression factor stats? Ah well kurts article opened my eyes a bit and will definitely help my game.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, we need more detail sharing people! I have added Acky and wardo, spoke for a bit with acky last night about each others situations and where we're at, which was cool, didnt get a chance to speak to you Wardo as I was getting set for bedtime with work early today so apologies lol, the sooner we get everyone chatting over msn the better imo as we can have big group chats on a reg basis and talk poker more!

I think a good idea that FX brought up would be to kinda chat about the current COTW over at the other forum, this helps imo as then we're not just reading it but discussing it too, and it gives us some sort of structure over what we discuss. Sucks that we have to use 2p2 to stimulate discussion but the COTW's are good no matter how douchy the gen pop is over there!

So this weeks is my favourite thing atm, isoing limpers!! I recommend that you read the post by Kurt on there as i've read that before and its v.goot!

Discuss :).......
Well never new that thread existed.Come across one an a light bulb came on.Now i know why i've been getting freaking donked bet into like a mad man lately.

M

megl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great idea OP! I'm in if there's still room for one more! PM'in you right now.

M

megl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...so I can't PM you since I don't have 10 posts yet... Will make a few posts and then PM you asap. You can PM me if you want, and get my details/MSN

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry about my lack of activity on this yesterday and today, valentines day n all that, plus i dont actually have a huge amount of spare time out of work lol

I think the idea of a weekly meeting type thing is a good one, would make it more structured and give people like me time to actually play the game, as i cant play with msn and stuff on in the background!

Will add all of the people who have messaged me tonight btw

neil1603

neil1603

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I glad it's not just me then, I read the COTW and also found it confusing. I was beginning to wonder if I should just sit back and lurk this thread. I'll look at the oher post you mention tonight and see if that helps more. :)

Just read the kurt post, that makes so much more sense to me :)

Now I'll go back over the other post and see if my nice new knowledge helps me understand :eek:

_dogmeat

_dogmeat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just read the kurt post, that makes so much more sense to me :)

Now I'll go back over the other post and see if my nice new knowledge helps me understand :eek:

Yeah, Kurt's post definitely has a lot more structure to it. Concepts are laid out very clearly and the whole thing just sticks in your head. I especially like this:
KurtSF said:
Every time a limper enters the pot in front of you I want you to hear this sound in your head: "CHA-CHING!"
Lol, pure win!

neil1603

neil1603

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After reading Kurts post, 3 hand in to my first session I get AA on the btn :) with 3 limpers and the blinds in. My normal raise would have been .16 or maybe .20, so I put what i read into practice and raised more, wasn't sure if .26 was enough but it isolated me down to 1. I think my cbet was to big after and I scared him off. But far better than being in a 4 way pot. :)

Entraction - €0.04 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 6 players

SB: €0.91
BB: €3.49
UTG: €4.08
MP: €8.37
CO: €1.09
Hero (BTN): €3.82

SB posts SB €0.02, BB posts BB €0.04

Pre Flop: (€0.06) Hero has A A

UTG calls €0.04, MP calls €0.04, CO calls €0.04, Hero raises to €0.26, SB calls €0.24, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: (€0.68, 2 players) 5 9 J
SB checks, Hero bets €0.51, fold

Hero wins €0.65

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nicely done, 3 hands in i also got AA, but everyone folded :( Gonna get some hands in now

_dogmeat

_dogmeat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I took a shot at $5 NL last night; was kinda bored with all the $2 NL grinding.

It went better than I thought it will. I wasn't scared of the raise sizes, and I even isolated a couple of times by raising to .25-.30 :) It all felt natural, I not once thought about how big the pot was. My stats were even more aggressive than at $2 NL. I was running somewhere around 25/23. Usually I'm 23/17.

The only thing that I kept doing was converting the amount lost to big blinds, as this put things more into perspective (I'm .40 behind. Dammit! Oh, it's just 8 bb, it's like I'm .16 behind at $2 NL. No biggie then. :D ).

Overall, it was kinda meh by most standards, with a little better than 5 ptbb/100 WR, but given the fact that I was expecting to lose some money, it's okay.

@OP: We have really nice resorts, but this winter we didn't see much snow. It was surprisingly warm, actually. The average temp for February is something crazy like 12 or 15 degrees Celsius.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Managed to get back to winning ways last night after my failed shot at 5nl on valentines! Made an easy $3 over 450 hands back at 2nl, tonight though I will be shot taking again, with an even bigger cushion. BR is sat at $91 after helping out a fellow CC'er so tonight i'll take another 4BI go at 5nl, I dropped down to 10 tables for my last one but think a bit of FPS might have crept in so back to 12 i think , like normal :)

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hope you run good orangepeeleo, i read lots of COTW last night, some magical stuff in them!

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Appears im running good too (plus good play ;) ) Over the last 5k-ish hands my BB/100's been close to 8. Im enjoying playing 6-8 tables from the usual 12 and have been implementing the COTW.

So how has everyones game been improving? have we all been implementing any new things we've learnt? Anyone struggling with anything?

Just had a nice 450 hand session and was constantly trying to figure out what type of loose players the loose players were, by marking those that had a pretty high fold to c-bet i could exploit them by making my isolations bigger Pre-flop. Isolating the really loose passive's that dont fold, by getting a top pair like hand and just betting all streets for value. Ended up with a nice steady profit of 6 dollars for the session, gonna keep reading the COTW's as theyre definitely helping my game and confidence and maybe take a few shots at 10NL at the end of the month, everyones a bit quiet on here so how are we all doing ? dont by shy :)

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm actually taking a break from playing right now. Still studying and learning though. Last night i read the COTW for the first time except i read the one by Kurk about isolating limpers and found it very interesting and something that i look forward to putting into my game. Tonight i'm probably going to pick it back up and just play 4 tables so i can get used to playing with a HUD :) still trying to get all the details together and how to select stats your able to see

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah thats a good idea, ive dropped the tables down also and i have so much more time to evaluate all the players at the tables now, good luck!