Extremely hypothetical question (part 1)

See first post

• (a)

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • (b)

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The obligatory stupid 4th option - "I like cake"

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
Gizzi315

Gizzi315

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mrsnake3695 said:
Actually, I would like to see both the opponents hole cards and the board and have cake, but I'm greedy.

I want to change my vote! Greedy is good! :D

D

Dingodaddy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it WOULD be fun to see the board in tourneys.... calling 2 ppl all in at the Final table with 34 off because you know you're gonna make the nut str8... lol

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's why I put the first incorrect in inverted commas - to show I was stretching the definition somewhat. ;)

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dorkus Malorkus said:
Interestingly, I didn't really go into much detail in the OP. I said "assume cash games", but that was about it. To everyone who has replied (and anyone else intereted), does your opinion change at all if we take these separate details into account?

1) NL vs. Limit
2) Heads-up vs. Full table
3) Your choice only lasting for 24 hours vs. your choice lasting forever
4) Hold'em vs. Omaha vs. Omaha8 (if you can come up with a reasonable answer to this you're a better person than I >_>)
This was the first question i thought of - it's the most important question to answer if you (hypothetically of course :() are being offered the choice of the 2 different programmes. The question isn't "what programme will give me the higher hand success rate? (almost certainly the holecard programme). The question is of course "what programme will make me the most money!!!". You'd play NL surely - the pots are higher. You'd play full table's - more money to get, and i'd definately play hold-em - much simpler to evaluate. Then, as i said in my first post, i'd play as many hands as humanly possible, for as long as possible, using the board software. By using a "clusterbomb" technique, you wouldn't even have to evaluate hands closely - even if you just play every hand when you make a flush, or 2 pair, or straight etc, regardless of what hands your opponents hold (you could even get Wife, child, parent etc to play when you need to sleep) you'd win a HUGE amount of hands, lose a load too, but you'd make a hell of a lot more than by analysing each hand individually using the holecard software as some seem to be advocating, simply because you'd be able to play a far higher volume.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dorkus Malorkus said:
Knowing the board cards would be about 50 times as funny though, admittedly.

Oh man, it sends tingles of joy through my body just thinking about how funny it would be.

withawedge

withawedge

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you could do this it would win you a lot of money lol

cheater2.jpg

:withstupi