Anyone want a FREE 6-month subscription to Poker Zion??

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to get a course like this . (but I`m a nit) / tight wad...LOL and would love to have this too. My problam is I have trouble when I three bet players light and they are these "no fold "types.

Me too, if anyone needs some lessons its me

Ok, late to the game but as Cafe said...... If you know they are stations why are you 3-betting them light? Try 3-betting for value a little bit wider than you normally would and don't three bet light thinking you'll induce a fold. You won't.

R

ruffcut68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Awesome, just started to play cash games again... need all the help can get.

talking2rocks911

talking2rocks911

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Me too me too... i wanna ride the spam train... great idea just seeing it from april

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hoping the lucky hat draws my name sometime soon :)

JCgrind

JCgrind

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ohhhhhh a way to talk strat daily w/o daily skype convos w/ poker_play or arguing about why you shouldnt be 3bing Q3o with people i (thought i) taught to play cards.

GL all!

ducky ftw imo ;)

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ohhhhhh a way to talk strat daily w/o daily skype convos w/ poker_play or arguing about why you shouldnt be 3bing Q3o with people i (thought i) taught to play cards.

GL all!

ducky ftw imo ;)

I 2nd this :p

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No July winner? Or did PZ decide they weren't getting the return that they were looking for?

twoturntablez

twoturntablez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely need help with my cash game, just read my thread to find out. If this hasnt fallen over, Id like to be considered.

Yoshimiii

Yoshimiii

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be a big + to my game if I won. Probably haven't been active enough on forums though, o well time to start!

Hanagis

Hanagis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey just came across this. this sounds so great. it would be just the perfect thing to happen right now. i love all the online programs and strategies all over the place regarding how to better your game. Its never ending, every day there are new posts written, videoes made, forum questions answered. I just love how much poker is part of an avid players everyday life : ) there is such a never ending stream of info to be learnt and different variations of the game. I think that this offer would be great for any avid poker player beginner or experienced. so if theres a way to register or this o would love to be able to take part thx for everything guys cards chat is such an awesome place for all players, and always have something new an interesting keeping this place an up to date and very active place to be a part of Thank you Admins and everyone who works to make this place the great place it is every day. Keep It Up!!!

G

Goathair

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is an old contest right?
i signed up for the Roots and Iron Lion Courses on Poker Zion. They are both pretty good. I enjoy their style of coaching/videos, etc. definitely worth checking into.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As far as I know, this whole thing fell through. I think there were a couple awarded early-on, but there was little to no follow-up from the winners and little to no follow-up from the people at PZ either. So, if you were hoping to win one of these, I think you're out of luck. If you were just waiting on and over-view of what they provide if you purchase a subscription and the relative worth of that subscription; you're probably out of luck as well since I think there were only ever 2 winners and neither one did much of a job of reporting back on their experience with PZ. Pretty disappointing all the way around.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello - all prizes were awarded. I'm not sure what kind of follow up we were expected to do. A couple of people shared some of their experiences. I don't think there was anything that was specifically mentioned about winners having to post their experiences on here, and we didn't specifically ask any of them to either. It's kind of up to them if they want to make the time or not.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As far as I know, this whole thing fell through. I think there were a couple awarded early-on, but there was little to no follow-up from the winners and little to no follow-up from the people at PZ either. So, if you were hoping to win one of these, I think you're out of luck. If you were just waiting on and over-view of what they provide if you purchase a subscription and the relative worth of that subscription; you're probably out of luck as well since I think there were only ever 2 winners and neither one did much of a job of reporting back on their experience with PZ. Pretty disappointing all the way around.
I'm to blame. I think we had 1 more to give away and I had a winner picked out but life got in the way and I forgot about it for a month or so. By that time I figured it was better to let it go that try to correct my mistake. PZ did everything and awarded all the subscriptions we asked them to.

Sorry guys.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok guys, it appears it was just my expectations for the contest that were off. I was not aware that PZ awarded essentially all that they had promised (apologies for that, guys). I guess my main complaint was more with the winners. There really was never much posted on here (to my knowledge, anyway) what there experience was.

Did they get out of the courses what they expected? More? Less? How were the people at PZ to work with? If you had to purchase the courses, would you? Why? Why not? What did you think of the directed format? Has it helped your game? Are you more profitable now than you were before the course? Has it enabled you to move up, profit more, etc, etc. What did you feel were the strong point of the courses? Weak points? Etc, etc. I guess I just thought the winners would share their experiences more so those of us that were interested in the courses could get a few opinions before we made our purchase if we were inclined to do so.

Hanagis

Hanagis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok thanks for all the info. sry to havebrought up an old subject. just had no clue if it was still going or stopped. Happy Holidays

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Due to life and its unexpected turns, I was not able to watch the last 4 vids in the series. But I have received links every week. I went back now to continue, and since my 6 months is up, I can no longer access the ones I have not seen yet...............

I could have watched them and absorbed nothing since at the time, circumstances not poker related were sucking all my time and attention. I figured "No prob, I will continue when I am clear headed again" But it seems I cant. Any way to finish watching?

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My take on Poker Zion Roots.

OK, I have completed (well, missed the last 4 vids due to stuff coming up that left me no time to do many things) the Roots PZ course, and want to give my take on it here.

First off, John and his brother Brian have both been very helpful and supportive. IMO John really knows poker and is very good at bringing his knowledge across from beginning to advanced players.

OK, on to Poker Zion, and how I saw the Roots course. This is all only my opinion. I am not a pro. I have used other training sites, but only for a couple of months.

PZ in a nutshell.

PZ is not your normal training site with new vids every week. It is a well thought out and structured 24 week learning experience. (I am only referring to the Roots course here, as I cant speak for the rest). You get access to the forums for the duration of your chosen course and can discuss hands, topics or w/e, just like on any forum.

Pros:
I think the whole concept of PZ is very good. It gives the player (student) anywhere from 1-3 videos a week, some interactive modules as well as modules which are basically articles. The vids and modules are – for the most part – well laid out and easy to comprehend. The content week for week is usually quite specific - i.e. playing position, tilt, mindset, 3 betting, preflop play and so on - which is a great way to present things. When posting hands in the PZ forums, John answers pretty much all HH posts personally. You will also get feedback from forum members, but having a knowledgeable pro answer your questions and take part in pretty much all discussion and questions you have is nice. The topics in the vids and modules are basic stuff, but not beginner find-it-anywhere-poker-101-for-dummies stuff. But it goes into detail on all the basics for someone who knows the rules and the bare bones basics, but needs more advanced beginner and intermediate theory as well as how to implement them in game. The way the course is set up is designed to keep a player moving forward, and thinking about different things. For a beginner who can be overwhelmed by where to start or „what do I work on today“ this approach is IMO a great way to get your start in the poker learning experience. There are interactive modules as well, where you are put in a situation and have to decide what to do. You then receive per email the results of your decisions, and in some get the results immediately on site. The price is also not a BR buster.

(Since I was helped so much by the PZ staff, and was given this course for free, I am sort of hesitant to write any cons at all...... But here goes)

Cons:
A lot of the content is somewhat older. IMO PZ made a great start, and then seemed to slow down in updates and new content. There were interactive modules, and it was mentioned what would be in the next modules, but it seems the next ones are still to come. And the modules and vids are well over a year old, and older. Some of the vids are vids of webinars, which is not necessarily bad, but you only hear Johns voice, and although there is good info to be had, IMO it was kinda strange to just listen to a webinar, even tho it was on the weekly topic. I think a new vid on the topic with edits and just the pertinent info would be better than having to listen to one sided talk and pauses while people post their questions. I will add tho, that even tho most of the content is old, the concepts still apply to uNL today, as the basics don’t change all that much.

IMO the PZ Roots course will be a +ev move for beginning players who don’t know how to structure their learning time. It gives good basic info, but is not overwhelming It is presented mostly quite professionally, and the content and presentation are easy to absorb. If you use HEM, John also is one of the developers (or THE, IDK) of Leak Buster, and he can be very helpful in how to use it. They also have other tools and software – Ace Poker Drills comes to mind, which I have used and like – so it has more to offer than just anonymous content. The interaction with a pro is a great advantage.

All in all, even considering the cons I mentioned, a good move for the motivated but unsure-where-to-start player who is not grasping how to approach learning and implementing basic poker skills.

honeycrush

honeycrush

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for this, fletchdad - a really informative review.