$200 NLHE Full Ring: Live NL300: JJ on KKx flop vs. aggro reg, lots of history

P

Poker_play

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry about the alien mindset lol, I do that...

Look I know the cliche about two reasons for betting. But say you have TT and the flop is 974 and you're 4 handed--why do you bet that flop, and why more than say 1/4 psb? You're pricing out the overcards. If you bet 1/4 and 1/3 psbs...those hands are going to catch up w you a big, unnecessary % of the time, and instead of taking down the smaller pot you're going to find yourself losing bigger ones a decent % of the time. Call it what you want, you're protecting your hand from overcards hitting the board.

Similar scenario here. Realistically, 4 handed , if you include their ranges...you could have to worry about any ace, any queen, any 7, any club hitting--that's a lot of outs if you let them all stick around for cheap (this is, of course, assuming you're ahead). If one of those cards hit and you lost the hand, it is because you priced em in (and is not a badbeat/suckout @ all on their part. )

I must've misread, didn't see villain as aggro/bluffy. In that case and if you intended on stringing him along to c/herocall the river, go for it.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
b/f river. He really shouldn't be bluffing that river pretty ever if you check.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wtf I give up. I expect him to bluff any street I check, ever.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like c/c on river more when we have the Jc of clubs. i like c/c as played

P

Poker_play

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not too sure...he prolly woulda 1/2 potted the flop

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a half-bad idea. But I think I can manage the pot size better by betting than letting him do it.

do you really think he will spew off over 3 streets with air/worse?

is he ever bluff raising you on the turn or river with weak sdv/low equity floats?

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do you really think he will spew off over 3 streets with air/worse?
possibly, although he might slow down on his bluffs on turn.

is he ever bluff raising you on the turn or river with weak sdv/low equity floats?

yes. Villain turned over 66.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it wrong that I want to bet small to induce a bluff? I don't think villain has many flushes.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it wrong that I want to bet small to induce a bluff? I don't think villain has many flushes.

I think this is a valid line. I agree he doesn't have many flushes. However, I'm not sure if b/c is better than c/c though because his raising range is going to have us beat more often than his betting range, it might still be more profitable overall. Also he might fold a lot of his medium-strength hands, which I think comprises the majority of his range.

I have to say my 2nd choice on river was to c/shove.

cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
c/c any bet

c/shove is not a bad play either. you are ahead of most all of his hands and he might think he's priced in with his marginal hands.

Organize a Home Poker Game