lower pairs of hands

jorzunik

jorzunik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The middle and lower pairs of hands are one of the most difficult hands to play.

A couple of medium or low hand , often leads to failure to players , especially if they are in early position before the flop.

Unfortunately , with so many cards in the game, that kind of hands usually lose . To understand the best way to play these hands , make sure you know the two general techniques that are used when carrying this kind of couples holding hands .

One option is limp ( to call ) and hope to get the set on the flop. The other is to make a substantial rise and leave out any player who has made ​​or will make call .

None of these techniques guarantee success, but your game can see improved when better understand the other factors surrounding the hand. The next time you're in a game of No Limit and see that you are dealt a pocket pair like 44 , do not react immediately as if I had won the lottery and do not play the hand sobrevalorándola ( common mistake among beginners ) . Instead , think again and check your stack of chips, the playing style of your opponents and your position before deciding to do.

When you're in a hand that does not come up and get a set on the flop , your opponents will put in that hard hand. Those players with top pair or two pair , will be raising the stakes and getting your chips you will go slowly . For this reason pocket pairs are known as silent murderers .

The probabilities (odds ) to get a set on the flop with a pocket pair are 11 %.

Another advantage of playing those hands is that if on the flop , the cards that come out are low, you have the advantage to win the hand . Most players involved in the hand with one or two high cards . If no high cards come on the flop , you can make a considerable rise showing that you have the best hand. If you find yourself in this situation , you have to make a big raise to take by the hand to other players.

Otherwise If the flop is high cards and you have not got the set, quite possibly have lost hand so you should not bet much on it.

The great advantage of this type of hand is that if you have not invested much before the flop , it is very easy to get rid of them before the flop with high cards or if we suspect that we lost.

With middle or bottom pair hand , it is easy to be in the hand and is also easy to get rid of it .

Of course, the chip stack is very important and the way you play the hand depends on it. Normally the middle and lower pairs generate much action when you or many or few chips . If you have many chips are in a position to play more, and they are some good cards to eliminate a player . These hands are also very good for those who have few chips . And with a big bet odds you can leave off the other players and win the hand.

For those who have few chips , especially in tournaments , a couple low or medium is a very strong hand to go all-in . Going all-in , you have the possibility of stealing the blinds and show the strength of your hand to other players so they will think twice before seeing your bet . If a player decides to see your bet will probably go ahead and is a good opportunity to double your chips.

If you make a big raise before the flop , you run the risk of being unnecessarily committed to the pot and you're overestimating your hand. If your hand is less than pair of 7s , your chances are smaller than a coin slip ( 50 % ) and that it is possible that another player has an older couple or get, making you go far behind in the hand .

On the other hand , if you raise , you are giving the opportunity for other players to enter the hand with anything and that link something on the flop and you win.

Because of this, the position is very important when playing pocket pairs middle and lower .

In early position, it is best to clean . In this way , you can see how the other players react going after you. If someone makes a big raise after you, this means that usually take middle pair or two high cards . If you have many tabs , you can see the bet to see the cards that come out on the flop and if not good for you, leave hand to any bet from your opponent.

Another reason why the position is important when playing the middle and lower pairs of hand is that you have the opportunity to study the style of play of the other players and according to your own position or act in one way or another . If you have a player who continually bets see others ( call station) or very loose player next to you , think twice before making a considerable increase and just limped to see the flop. If the player of the calls has a hand like K9 probably see your bet hoping to get lucky on the flop. If after the flop bet , throw your cards because they probably have a better hand than yours. The big bets , often do not intimidate weaker players . Inexperienced players usually do not know when dominated , making a big bet fear not usually give these players .

If you are in late position and there are many players involved in the hand , is a good opportunity to make a big raise . When you make a big raise with middle pair or low, intimidate the other players , especially those who are playing very tight . If you notice weakness in the table, go to your pocket fives like two Aces. Play them with confidence and continue raising the stakes to put pressure on the players that are very tights . If a tight player has a better partner will think he is behind in his hand , and possibly retire.

Whatever your decision when to play middle and lower pairs , be sure to do so with a small rise . This will increase your chances of winning the hand . Be safe and think carefully any decision you are going to take to play middle and lower pairs of hand.

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow nice post. You are intelligent about poker. I love but A LOT timing to do it. 11% chances for the flop 3 of a kind? I never know that.

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for posting, and i agree that playing pocket pairs is really difficult only because we beginners really lacks with discipline and we like to call a raise with lower pairs without proper pot odds so we (by we i mostly mean I) lose money, as you said you hit set only 11% of times so to proper setmine you need pot odds better that 8:1 i think which is very rare, so we (I), overestimate implied odds and again lose money... I just finished chapter of little green book where phil explain playing sets against people who overplays top pair from different positions, really good reading maybe the most useful part of any poker book i have read.

Also i need to add that we have really useful tread somewhere here where micromachine explains setmining, i would find it but im on my phone and android is still my enemy...

Cheers

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very nice post.that must of took sometime but ty I enjoyed reading it

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands