SNG or Ring Game?

J

jbeezy24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sit & Go's Or Ring Games? Which make you more money and have more consistent long term winnings for you? Which game do you prefer and why?

Also, in perspective of no limit hold em as well.

W

winz savana

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i prefer sit n go, because more strategy in there from early to late phase, if u are a patient man, u will choose sit n go.

J

jbeezy24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see, do you make good money off playing sit&go's regularly?

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definately sit n go's for me but I think everyone has to find there own niche. I show consistent profit at sngs and consistent loss at cash. I will say this for some reason i play within my bankroll easier at SnGs easier than I do cash games. Goodluck and message me if you need.

J

jbeezy24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For micros, is also sit&go maybe better? Because i've been facing ridiculous losses at cash games, so thinking maybe i should try the other side of things..?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it really matters what other people's experiences have been - there are people that win at micro cash games, there are people that win at micro SnGs, there are people that win at both and there are people that win at neither.

The fact that one or more people win at either one has nothing to do with whether you will win at the same one. Whether or not you're going to win in SnGs isn't really affected by whether you win in cash games*.

Pick the game you enjoy the most, study it and work at it. That's how you get to be a winning player. There is no magic bullet.

* an exception: if you suck at poker in general you probably won't win at either.

Tom Goldberg

Tom Goldberg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definately sit n go's for me but I think everyone has to find there own niche. I show consistent profit at sngs and consistent loss at cash. I will say this for some reason i play within my Bankroll easier at SnGs easier than I do cash games. Goodluck and message me if you need.

This is pretty much exactly how it goes for me. I think though SNG's are a good place to start playing as it is easier to learn good bankroll management, the downswings aren't quite as bad as cash games and tourneys and you get worse players in SNG's that are willing to donk off their buyin quite easily.

I would say try master SNG's first then try and work your way into cash games but thats just my personal opinion. GL Bro

Olddog21

Olddog21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy RING games because I can decide the length of TIME I want to play! If I've only got a half hour ....I can still get some poker in. SNG's of any size kinda lock me in. I like the freedom of RING!:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Peteyweestro

Peteyweestro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have found that for me it's gonna be sit-n-go's or MTT, because i suck at ring games,lol. I don't understand it except for the fact that i know it's easier for me to bet 300 chips off of a $3 buy-in then to call a .90 raise in a ring game of no limit, and could be cuz i flat out stink it up :(

Top 10 Games