heard carbon pvt games gone feb 1st?

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
has anybody else heard this? is there anything we can do about it?

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Carbon still has to set them up yet TE.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haven't heard that but have sent an email to find out.

IWinUlose

IWinUlose

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Carbom

It's true I just read it at another forum I belong to effective 2/1/13 Carbon Poker will not host anymore league games from any forums.
To me it be a good idea for all forums to ban together somehow on Twitter & FB and try to do something it wouldn't hurt. CH

I read this:

PLEASE READ THIS POST TO COMPLETION--THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT POST YOU WILL READ HERE. EVER.

I have been informed that, effective February 1st, Carbon Poker is ceasing all private league games.

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That says league games - we don't have league games there.

IWinUlose

IWinUlose

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't put all the detail dakota they mean any forum leagues so to them any game you have from any forum is considered private.

******Carbon Poker is ending its affiliation with all forum leagues.

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Send me the link so I can read it myself - it still sounds like they are saying league games which is not what we have. Any game is private but not all private games are private league games.

C

credsfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a player that hates merge this is good news to me. Most of my private free rolls will moving to sites like juicy or acr. I don't trust merge at all and have not played there to much recently.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This change primarily affects private league games. They are tightening up requirements for private games but we will not be affected by the changes.

Both of our weekly games there will continue.

C

credsfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Dakota for getting this straightened out.

ckickenking

ckickenking

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If Carbon did stop all private games, it would probably be the last straw to there players, especially me, I definitely go elsewhere. Well good thing that's not happening

T-Dubs82

T-Dubs82

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
unfortunately, it wouldnt surprise if all of carbon was gone by then

IWinUlose

IWinUlose

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Carbon Poker

Carbon Poker is ending its affiliation with all forum leagues. I posted what I heard so I'll wait and see what happens.

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Carbon Poker is ending its affiliation with all forum leagues. So what makes CC different here explain and I'll listen. Everyone is affected. Ch

You keep using the word league - we are not a league and we don't have league games there.

Show me where Carbon has made an announcement that there will be no more private games of any kind at Carbon.

curtinsea

curtinsea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I asked my affiliate manager, there are changes to the requirements for private games that in his word "might make it seem that way", but he didn't say they wouldn't schedule new games. Looks like they might not be generous with the guarantees and freerolls in the future though, and perhaps the league you are referring to is just losing it's games.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I asked my affiliate manager, there are changes to the requirements for private games that in his word "might make it seem that way", but he didn't say they wouldn't schedule new games. Looks like they might not be generous with the guarantees and freerolls in the future though, and perhaps the league you are referring to is just losing it's games.

^^^ This. Just because one place is losing theirs doesn't mean everyone will. We didn't get any emails or notices and I was told the same thing above - including that we would not be affected by the changes.

IWinUlose

IWinUlose

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you read the email and PM I got you would think it would involve other forums also.

One last time the PM I got from other forum :

PLEASE READ THIS POST TO COMPLETION--THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT POST YOU WILL READ HERE. EVER.

I have been informed that, effective February 1st, Carbon Poker is ceasing all private league games.

You read that right, Carbon Poker is ending its affiliation with all forum leagues.

With us. With every league they host.

Naturally, they're happy to continue an affiliation agreement with me, if I promote their other tournaments, etc., but just not opening their room to us as a league.

I haven't yet decided what to do with this information.

So reading this you be the JUDGE I have nothing else to say and I have also emailed Carbon about this as far as other forums. All I was trying to do was pass along what I heard nothing more nothing less. CH

Last edited by a moderator:
kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CH they Had a tab for league games, i don't know if they still do or not.
Tho i never seen any games listed in the league tab.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you read the email and PM I got you would think it would involve other forums also.

One last time the PM I got from other forum :

You read that right, Carbon Poker is ending its affiliation with all forum leagues.

With us. With every league they host.

Naturally, they're happy to continue an affiliation agreement with me, if I promote their other tournaments, etc., but just not opening their room to us as a league.

I haven't yet decided what to do with this information.

So reading this you be the JUDGE I have nothing else to say and I have also emailed Carbon about this as far as other forums. All I was trying to do was pass along what I heard nothing more nothing less. CH
What part of "We don't have any LEAGUE games there" and "We will not be effected" did you not understand?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are private games that are not private league games. Think I have tried to explain that a few times.

We discussed setting up league type games at Carbon at one point but decided we didn't want to do it. (I am not talking about our Cardschat League). They have an option for league games but we have never used it.

There are forums and sites who have used that option - sounds to me like they are eliminating those types of league games and making the criteria for other private games a bit tougher. But we were told it will not affect the games we have there.

Which means - whichever forum sent you that pm/email was evidently notified that the types of games they have been having there will no longer be allowed.

Every affiliate relationship is different. As of now we have received no notification from them that our events will be ending - and one of the 2 people I emailed said we are not affected by the changes.

Evidently we still meet their stricter qualifications.

Top 10 Games