Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
$10.00
Game Options
  1. Deep Stacked
Currency
$
I was playing in the Mini Sunday Special KO Tournament late registration had ended 117 would cash.
I'd like some input on this hand posted below.

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer?hand=825nQfSYw

After reviewing the hand, what should I have done differently, instead of the decision I eventually made.

Thank you for your responses.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing in the mini Sunday special KO tournament late registration had ended 117 would cash. Here is the hand of note
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer?hand=825nQfSYw after reviewing the head what things could I have done differently to make a different decision in the one I made thank you for your responses.
Raise flop- as played blocker bet the river 15% pot fold to a jam without a read:unsure::geek:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Just calling with KQs against an EP open is the best play.

Flop
In real time I would also have check-called, but GTO Wizard always check-raise KQ to this sizing. So we are both deviating from GTO here, which is probably something, we should take note of and try to correct.

Turn
As played a check again.

River
If he had a better hand on the turn, he would almost always have bet it. So as suggested you could make a small bet for value trying to get called by a J or T, and then fold to a jam. As played his jam is only representing a flush. However he can absolutely have a flush and play it this way, and you dont block it. As for potential bluffs, then people will typically try to represent a flush with the nut flush blocker. However AA, AK and AQ had you beat the whole time, AJ and AT has enough showdown value to check back, and A9o or worse should not open preflop. So its unlikely for him to have the nut flush blocker on this runout, which makes it significantly less likely, he is bluffing.

Conclusion
You seem to think, this was a bad outcome, because you lost the hand. But actually your passive line likely saved you a lot of chips, since you got rivered by a flush, and a flushdraw is not folding on the flop. So the "mistakes", you made in this hand, ended up working in your favour this time but might cost you value on other runouts and against other parts of his range.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As for potential bluffs, then people will typically try to represent a flush with the nut flush blocker. However AA, AK and AQ had you beat the whole time, AJ and AT has enough showdown value to check back, and A9o or worse should not open preflop. So its unlikely for him to have the nut flush blocker on this runout, which makes it significantly less likely, he is bluffing.
I agree with Fundiver's entire post but wanted to highlight the above since I think it is important and something we should also try to think about as much as possible in game as well. If we think villain is bluffing then we should be thinking what are they bluffing as in which hands bluff here? How strong are those hands as stand alone (do they need to bluff)? Are they holdings that get to this point in the hand as played? Do I beat the hands that villain could be bluffing?

All of these questions should be asking to ourselves when we are thinking about potentially picking off a bluff and as stated by FunDiver, there really arent as many bluffs here as you think there are and more likely than not, using the above criteria, villain is not bluffing here and has it.

J

Jaelan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
In my opinion, I think you played the hand way too passively. The flat call pre is fine but I would be betting the flop, then evaluating the turn.

Last edited:
ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have check-raised on the flop, and if the opponent had called, I would have played for a stack on the turn.
I don't know what I would have done on the river. There is a chance that I will also fold, but I would have already decided my game on the streets ahead of me.
The river became a difficult situation.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands