home tournament set up

aceofspade

aceofspade

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys , I'm setting up a home texas hold'em tournament and I need your help. I already checked few websites but I want professional opinion. I won't probably set it up right.

So we agreed on 5$ buy in

Buy in : 5$
#players : 7

I don't know how to set up starting chips , blind structure , time between blinds , and prize structure

Denomination of chips I have is
5 , 10 , 25 , 50 , 100 , 500.. Also I have 1000 and 10.000 but I don't think I will use them..

Number of chips
50x5
100x10
100x25
50x50
50x100
50x500
----------
50x1000
50x10.000

Also , how to beat this kind of games?
I'm not bad player , but I'm not good either.
I always play with these 7 friends , but we didn't have proper setting and the game would last for like 5-6 hours...

My oponenents are as you call them fish , but there is one who is calling station.
They are capable of bluffing , folding (on bluffs or when they believe they are weak) They are always limping in.. We used to play 25/50 blinds with no changing in blinds unless someone looses all his chips then we increase blinds.
Noone pays attention to position or blinds.
Everyone would just pay 50 just to see the flop , when you raise them somewhere in a range 150-400 they would always call.
They play very wide range of hands. I mean literally , they play hands like 2-10 , 3-10 , 2-8 , 2-K , 2-J ..etc etc Even if they hit pair of K or J with a 2 or any kind of low card kicker , they would bet and raise..
Sometimes they hit hands like flush , straight , set etc...

It's hard to assing them any kind of range since they are playing these type of hands ( I would assing them but as I said , I'm not that good player , usually I would guess ,but most of the time I can't since they play very wide range of hands)

I play straightforward poker with them. Bet when you have something , fold when you don't have a hand and don't bluff..Occasionally I would bluff and show them just so they can see that I'm not always playing strong hands.
And I always loose these games. We played 5-6 times and I won just 1

Organize a Home Poker Game