Folding QQ At Final Table

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was watching a final table replay of the Sunday million on poker stars and a player folded QQ Pre flop with 6 players left :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I was watching a final table replay of the Sunday million on Poker stars and a player folded QQ Pre flop with 6 players left :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
As tight as that sounds, there are HUGE ICM considerations on the SunMill final table as alot of the stacks are NOT deep and the payout jumps are huge (especially for non-regs. & players satelliting into it).

4evertilted

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hell nooooo am folding QQ unless there are 3 raises in front of me or 2 All ins of Deep stacks.

How was the hand played? That is the real story. Did he just fold with no raise/raises in front?

dudemanstan

dudemanstan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow. what are the payouts in that?

DaReKa

DaReKa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are A LOT of situations to fold it pre. We'd need more info to know if it was good or bad.

P

PlayedYou73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The mental ability to fold a big pocket pair like this, depending on a players position, stack size, the blinds and antes, and ICM value....is what separates the serious, successful online players...from the ones who can't fold AA, KK, QQ regardless of any other important data available to them.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm also curious if were some raises before him?

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would need to see hand to understand that fold

mamutmamut

mamutmamut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow! Imagine you are waiting for a good hand and when it cames you have to get rid of it! :D

FlowJoe

FlowJoe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's gotta be folded, it's gotta be folded!! NEED TO SEE PREVIOUS ACTION!

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hell nooooo am folding QQ unless there are 3 raises in front of me or 2 All ins of Deep stacks.

How was the hand played? That is the real story. Did he just fold with no raise/raises in front?
The player folded in early position without any pre raising any he was the favourite because every other players hole cards displayed on replay had nothing all garbage hands :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused:

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I am hoping that it was a misclick, should never fold if no-one raised before you

italiano

italiano

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my country there is a well known phrase that says "not everything that glitters is gold". You do not understand because someone folds QQ preflop me neither, but maybe the player had a hunch and realized that hand would lose very easy against an Ace or K on the flop! Sometimes not judge so much and you have to put in their place!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was watching a final table replay of the Sunday million on Poker stars and a player folded QQ Pre flop with 6 players left :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

what was the date of that Sunday Million ?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The player folded in early position without any pre raising any he was the favourite because every other players hole cards displayed on replay had nothing all garbage hands :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused:
Unless he has Russ Hamilton software he's not going to know that (not that it matters).
I watched last week's SunMillion replay from 7 players down to HU. I never saw the hand you're referring to here..... maybe it was from some other SunMill?

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless he has Russ Hamilton software he's not going to know that (not that it matters).
I watched last week's SunMillion replay from 7 players down to HU. I never saw the hand you're referring to here..... maybe it was from some other SunMill?
It was a couple months back why you would fold that hand in early position is beyond me:eek: :eek: :confused: :confused:

Randall McMurphy

Randall McMurphy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy to criticize, but I imagine the monsters under the bed at that point in the Sunday Million have to be Godzilla sized.

But yeah, min raise at least.

H

hypknautiqah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold hands like that rarely pre final table if im looking to grind itm without risk. but at a final table thats with no limp or nothing is odd. well humans control their own mind so.. ICM?

GOTHEART

GOTHEART

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with most comments here, I have to know the circumstances. But I have folded both QQ and Ak std late in a tourney after the previous action was so strong. Nothing worse than have QQ or AK and looking at another player's KK or AA!
Remember when Joe Hachem had KK and was out-drawn late, late, late in the tourny! A possible bad beat that late, with so much on the line is something to really consider!
With a healthy stack, it is something to think about. Sometimes best to stick with smaller pots so late in the tourny, so you can't lose it all in one bad hand.

hobonc

hobonc

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It still depends on stack sizes, pay jumps, and player styles to know if we think he made a bad play or not. In a cash game then yea, he's a bone head, but if the next jump in pay equals one year in salary for him and he has a couple other players covered, or there is someone crippled, then his play may not be all that bad. Especially if he has a couple agro's at the table who still have to act.

stevenright

stevenright

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why don't you show us the hand? we would be a lot easier to find the answer

1bollywood1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unusual , but without info ...
i usually see the reply of them and u can see sone very nit and some lag . stack size are very inportant here . futhermore u can also see some mistakes from very nit .but you see some very good nice bluff , play and some unreal reading.

Folding in Poker