Katyushka4

Katyushka4

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How to play the connectors, which turned into a mega-monster hand on the flop?

W

Weisssound

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gotta figure out your opponent's:

a) likely holdings
b) calling and folding tendencies
c) perception of your range

Generally speaking I like to bet the flop with a monster. People will tend to peel pretty wide - over cards, draws, top pair, middle pair, pocket pair, sometimes even bottom pair.

There are weird spots though. Like you've got JT, OOP, and flop comes 789. If my opponent seemed aggressive pre-flop and appears to be a thinking player I like a min-donk bet. It gives you the appearance of being on a draw, rather than having a made hand.

If you think your opponent has a very strong holding like an overpair, a pot sized bet can be good because it looks like a protection bet rather than a monster.

There's a million ways it can go.

Ideally though, if you have a speculative hand you are in position and can react to your opponent's play.

B

BullWink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It always feels good to have a monster flop, but I think the key is NOT to ask how to play this. Rather, you should mix it up, so that your opponents dont get a good read on you. Bet big one time, and then try to trap the next.

G

gabrielrr33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, when I see my flop flush I think it's the most monstrous that I can get out; I have had many times find it on the flop. Rarely leaving very rare REAL ladder.

To make my opponents upload all their chips (All-In). First I see the more aggressive opponent and climb wth him to see the flop. Then I reduce my bet and reraise. Then I wait 20 seconds and upload my bet 40% of your chips. Then you can be my equal or up to see the river; what I do is match your bet and wait 15 seconds and throw all my chips into thinking that I'm lying

AugustWest

AugustWest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Microstakes? Just bet, bet ,bet....
No need to get fancy..

2Pacavelli

2Pacavelli

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
simply play to extract value , the way will depend on the style of play of your opponents and the range of hands that you think they have. It may be interesting to slow -play against aggressive players , and try to extract as much as possible of those calling -stations who call with any pair

helpspb

helpspb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think as always this is very situational. Depends on your opponent, you position, stack sizes etc. but generally I like to set a trap for villain.

E

eldinumbra

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play connectors when your stack allows you to, otherwise it's not worth the investment, strong hands like most members advise, are the best way to go for the beginning.

When you have 20+ BB, checking from position with a connector can be a good choice, especially if they are of the same kind.