Coaches - check here if you need one!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Approved coaches will be posting in this thread to offer their coaching services to Cardschat members. (For a fee of course).

If you are a coach and are interested in posting in this thread send a pm to me and we will discuss the specific requirements.

Only coaches who have been pre-approved can advertise their services in this thread. Posts made by other coaches will be deleted. Approved coaches will be listed in this OP.

Approved coaches are:

Bwammo
ChuckTs
KingCurtis
losched16
Blackrain79

Student Experience/Feedback Thread

***Note - Coaches listed in this thread are not endorsed by Cardschat. Cardschat does not take responsibility for any claims made by the coaches. Students are strongly encouraged to do diligent research prior to hiring a coach and must take full responsibility for their satisfaction or dissatisfaction with the results. If you have any evidence of inappropriate actions by any coach in this thread please contact me to report it.

Last edited:
Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These are my lifetime NL/PL cash game stats as of May 2011. They are 98% full ring.

I almost certainly have the best results in the history of online poker at NL2 and NL5. And I have had plenty of success at NL25-NL200 as well.

And yes, you counted those numbers right, that's 5.3 million hands. It's actually closer to 6 million now. I would post a graph if I had one. Believe me, I'd love to see it myself. But unfortunately due to the sheer number of hands, HEM crashes on me.

For the beginner level poker player, or anyone having trouble at the micros in general, I am among the most qualified and experienced coaching options that you will find anywhere. I teach a TAG style of play for full ring.

I have two different coaching rates:

My coaching rate is $50 per hour.

Coaching sessions are done via Skype voice call and by using a screen sharing program like Teamviewer or Mikago. A "sweat session" (Me watching you play while we discuss the hands) is usually the most popular format. However, database analysis is also very important in my opinion. Before we do anything, I like to briefly have a look at your numbers in HEM or PT3 in order to get an idea of your play style and find any glaring problems.

Also a few days before we start I send all students a proverbial "starting hands chart" and a 5 page ebook which consists of a bunch of general strategy notes. This gives you a better understanding of my approach to the game before we ever talk. It is also my gift to you, something tangible to reference, long after our sessions are completed.

While I think a combination of a sweat and DB analysis is the most effective method of coaching there are many other options as well. You can make a video beforehand. You can prepare a list of questions. You can mark a bunch of specific hands for us to review (I encourage long term students to do this anyways).

Ultimately, the coaching session will be done however you want. You may even want to sweat me which is perfectly fine as well. My #1 goal is your improvement as a poker player. You know better than me what is holding you back. And you know better than me the best way for you to learn.

Payment Options:
  • Credit Card or Paypal.
  • I can also accept payment through a site transfer on Pokerstars. My SN is "BlackRain79"
*Please email me at blackrain79@dragthebar.com if you have any questions about coaching.

Last edited by a moderator: