Online Poker & Playing Chips

A

ayasak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wonder if anyone has the habit of playing with chips when playing online? or would you be too busy multitabling?

hotwings18

hotwings18

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
i shuffle chips when i am playing online.... it helps me focus

MrDuff1331

MrDuff1331

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the only time i played with chips while playing online was when i was learning to shuffle chips ;)

A

ayasak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmm...seem like not many are doing it.

I assume hotwings18 can shuffle chips with both hands?

MrDuff1331 dont play with chips anymore?

A

aceup21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmmm

hi, well ive never done that, im usually either listening to
the radio or the tv. i find that when it is just quiet and im
playing poker i kinda lose focus after a while unless theres big
bucks involved. LoL i just use the sound to help me concentrate

hotwings18

hotwings18

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
hmm...seem like not many are doing it.

I assume hotwings18 can shuffle chips with both hands?

MrDuff1331 dont play with chips anymore?

yeah i can shuffle chips with both hands....

Pokerstudent

Pokerstudent

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shuffling

I should probably learn to shuffle first and play well first before I start trying to multitask!

Nickmond

Nickmond

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never shuffled chips or even had 'em around while playing online, but if it's a live game I can't stop doing it...It's almost like a nervous twitch, a need to do something with my hands...When I'm online typically I'm too busy as I do prefer playing on at least 2 tables.

RichKo

RichKo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah i can shuffle chips with both hands....

That's how I learned, playing online and practicing. Wierd thing is I never practiced with my left hand before, then one day just decided to try and I never had any problem, it was like i had been doing it forever.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya I shuffle some nice heavy clay chips, helps me focus and I do tricks when bored... not always...

A

ayasak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is anyone good with the chip twirl? i cant seem to do it. any tips?

Pokah Man

Pokah Man

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started doing it while playing on the net just to learn how, then i became addicted to doing it, 3 girlfriends later i'm still addicted and still doing it, they didn't understand the meaning of "practice makes perfect".

And i actually riffled the chips twice while typing this out.

help! i think my dog is even tired of hearing the chit!

illphillllllll

illphillllllll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
same as mrduff, i learned to shuffle chips while playing online. i no longer do it but learned to shuffle with both hands. my personal best is 24 chips, don't think my hands are big enough to take on any more.

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love to do the chip twirl while playing online. Helps me concertrate and slows me down. I like to take time to think about every descission call/fold/raise.

I love to do the chip shuffle when playin live.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My hands just don't work right anymore, so I have to settle for a chip 'wash' at a table ... :(

Sometimes online I'm so shortstacked that I need to find out how to 'shuffle' one chip ... :confused:

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played with cchips in the past.
Sometimes if I am in the final stages of a mtt,I will break out the chips and start shuffling them up to stop stressing a little less.
My home is smoke free as well,so in late stages of tourney play I go sometimes a while without a smoke,and the chips distract me from things like that.
But generally I reserve the chip play ufor certain times.

DogzBestFrnd

DogzBestFrnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm, maybe I should try this. My left hand often gets bored and I find myself...well nm.

A

ayasak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started doing it while playing on the net just to learn how, then i became addicted to doing it, 3 girlfriends later i'm still addicted and still doing it, they didn't understand the meaning of "practice makes perfect".

i thought the measurement for time is hours & minutes, yours is "girlfriend" ? :eek:

lol

DogzBestFrnd

DogzBestFrnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wanna share what *ahem* you did?:D

Text me at 12345 for $9.95 a min. and I will tell you.

Originally Posted by Pokah Man

Someone needs some nurf chips.

Pokerstudent

Pokerstudent

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think shuffling chips is only good when you want a distraction while playing. It also alerts the opposition that you are at least an average player, if not better than average.

But if you're fidgety, it prompts you to do something else while playing, so you don't give away any tells.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think shuffling chips is only good when you want a distraction while playing. It also alerts the opposition that you are at least an average player, if not better than average.
Actually shuffling chips while you are playing online doesn't alert them to anything...

DogzBestFrnd

DogzBestFrnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nurf is a soft foam they make balls and stuff from. It would make for quiet chip shuffleing, but I dont think they actually make nurf chips. Just a joke that was probably funnier in my head.

Actually shuffling chips while you are playing online doesn't alert them to anything...

And if your shuffleing your chips loud enough for people on the internet to hear, then there might actually be a market for nurf chips after all.

A

ayasak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nurf is a soft foam they make balls and stuff from. It would make for quiet chip shuffleing, but I dont think they actually make nurf chips. Just a joke that was probably funnier in my head.

And if your shuffleing your chips loud enough for people on the internet to hear, then there might actually be a market for nurf chips after all.

watched too much Heroes? :laugh:

Poker Chips - History of Chips