For those who play more than one site

medeiros13

medeiros13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a few questions. Please feel free to comment on my idea too.I've been playing at Titan and have been very successful. I still have another month to try and clear as much of my bonus as possible. My game of choice has been the jackpot SnG's and although I have no official stats...my BR progress says I've been doing well.I recently signed up on VC poker to get my free 10 bucks. I would like to see how far I can take this free cash on a site that seems to focus a bit more on micro players. (Party offers free cash too but I feel it's too difficult to maintain proper BR management there)Once I clear my bonus on Titan, I'm going to spend some time focusing on building my BR on VC. My goal is to play exclusively hold'em on Titan and Omaha on VC. I think that'll help me get familair with the players in both games and help my performance on both sites.Do you think my idea is solid? I'm certainly open to suggestions. Also for those who play more than one site, how do you balance playtime between the two. I don't want to sacrifice my success at Titan by embarking in the tedious and difficult challange of starting a BR from scratch.

BKrywko1

BKrywko1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good question you raised here - I have these sites in my rotation of sites that I might play on a monthly basis: Absolute, bodog, Empire, Party, Stars, & Paradise. I also will occasionally play at Titan or CD (when they give me free tokens or other boards I post at have freerolls there), but as far as bonuses go, the ipoker sites suck (especially since their affiliates can't give rakeback to customers anymore).

And that is my main motivation for playing these sites - to take advantage of their reload bonuses that they offer on a regular basis. Now, don't get me wrong, I try to play winning poker no matter the site, but I'm willing to give up a couple of bucks on occasion via winning to clear certain bonuses faster by playing 4 tables at one time...since multi-tabling is the only way to clear bonuses without taking forever to do it. Bonuses are like rakeback - no matter how small the bonus, it's a pad to your bankroll that shouldn't be ignored.

If you're making enough money playing Titan or VC, by all means stay there - if you're doing well there, you really don't have a need to keep trying different sites just because. My favorite site right now is Paradise, solely because I've been killing that site over the last 3 months...plus I have $80 in bonus to clear there (I had over $400 to clear a couple of months ago). The bonus, to me, is just a nice little exclamation point to results there...when I run out of bonuses there, I'll still have a hard time leaving there (the play is that bad).

As for playtime, here's my normal play schedule:

Tuesday night is my wife's dart league - once the kids are in bed at 8:30 (they're young), I can get 3 hours of 4-tabling in there. Friday or Saturday night (whichever night my wife is out...I'm out the other, unless the kids are at grandparents that night), I'll play from 8pm to 2am. This is the day I'll play MTTs, since I'll have enough to see it through should I get far enough. As for what game I'll play...that's another story. I play Omaha/8, Stud/8, Razz cash games, and NLHE SnGs, typically...whatever mood I'm in determines the game I'll play. As for other nights...if my wife crashes on the couch early (she has the amazing ability to lay down to watch TV, then fall asleep within a couple of minutes), I may or may not play...depends on my mood at the time. Can't forget the once a month or so I play in a tournament like Bodog's Sunday 100K...weather dependent.

If your bankroll and win rate is consistently in the positive, stick with what you're doing - you'll get varied answers as to what to do, but I'd suggest you stick to what you do well. Use the "free bankroll" offers to pad your bankroll, or as a nice no-risk time to learn a new game - the more games you get proficient at, the more options you have available for you.

Best of luck to you - and from the sounds of it, continue doing what you're doing, as it seems to working well for you so far.

M

ma77th3gr34t

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that is an excellent idea. I have played on several sites and honestly i prefer holdem on most of them however on royal vegas i like to play omaha hi/lo and omaha hi on party. I never really thought of it till i read this post but that is actually kinda funny. It does throw people off cause i have had others who play on the same sites say to me what are you doing playing this.

Ma77