showing 1 card only

jasondavies

jasondavies

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can someone show me the actual rules on showdowns please? we are always arguing on what is right, the last to bet must show first is argued with its the left of the button, and other things like first to show shows, and the next person shows just 1 card, but has him beat, then mucks the other, is this allowed? what are the actual rules on this please

O

OneMoreBust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
House rules?

At my previous home games, years ago, if I had a hand won, and showed just one card, the other player could muck his cards and id muck my other card we'd just move on.

However when someone would try to pull that on me, I would say let me see your other card, or say yeah I know you had that card, what else do you have before showing my cards or mucking them.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can someone show me the actual rules on showdowns please? we are always arguing on what is right, the last to bet must show first is argued with its the left of the button, and other things like first to show shows, and the next person shows just 1 card, but has him beat, then mucks the other, is this allowed? what are the actual rules on this please

And to narrow things down a little, the answer to your specific questions are in bullets 6 and 7 on page 14 of the link above.

P

PreciousLor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always a good bit of psychology going on with the single card show. I remember one in particular between Annie Duke and Phil Hellmuth when they were heads-up at the final table. I think the show tipped Phil over the edge. Board was K 9 x, she had K9, he had a king. Phil was forced to lay his hand down and she showed just the 9. Dont think he got over it for the rest of the game.