Poker Trivia Part 39

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck to all who participate! Answers will be posted on Monday.

1) Seven players were enshrined at Binion's Horseshoe Hall of Fame in 1979. Some were Nich "The Greek" Dandalos, "Wild Bill" Hickok, Edmond Hoyle and Johnny Moss. Name the other three.

2) True or False: It's acceptable to discard hands away from the muck.

3) Baseball is a type of stud poker which all __ and ___ are wild.

4) In Baseball, a player dealt a __ faceup has to match the pot to stay in the hand.

5) In Baseball, players receiving a __ dealt up receive an additional hole card immediately from the top of the deck.

6) What's a "Stringer"?

Until next week:)

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually get to respond...woo hoo.

Good luck to all who participate! Answers will be posted on Monday.

1) Seven players were enshrined at Binion's Horseshoe Hall of Fame in 1979. Some were Nich "The Greek" Dandalos, "Wild Bill" Hickok, Edmond Hoyle and Johnny Moss. Name the other three. - 1979 is the inception of the hall of fame, so one person I would say is Felton Corky McQurqodale (or however it is spelled). He brought Texas Holdem to Vegas originally.

2) True or False: It's acceptable to discard hands away from the muck. False - cards are supposed to be discard in the direction of the muck.

3) Baseball is a type of stud poker which all _3_ and _9_ are wild.

4) In Baseball, a player dealt a __ faceup has to match the pot to stay in the hand. I've seen this done (and documented) a couple ways. Most often it has been a 3 face up.

5) In Baseball, players receiving a __ dealt up receive an additional hole card immediately from the top of the deck. Again, I've seen some variation on this, but it is typically a 4 face up to get the extra card. I've seen some people give it free. Others have charged for it but you get a choice if you want it.

6) What's a "Stringer"? - Slang for a straight.

Until next week:)

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here are the answers:

1) Felton "Corky" McCorquodale, Red Winn, and Sid Wyman.

2) False. Never deliberately discard hands away from the muck.

3) 3s and 9s.

4) 3

5) 4

6) A straight.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WTF???? So normally I don't get to play because everyone and their brother is playing. This time I get to play and no one else even responds?

Was it something I said??? WTF..I showered....well, recently at least. LOL