Online Statistical Analysis

D

digital

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everybody! This is my first post.

First thing, I'm a noob. Like many here I am trying to build an online bankroll from a modest deposit.

I've been reading the board for a few months now and I really believe these are the best poker forums online.

Since you guys are so awesome I figured I would take a shot and ask for some advice.

I've linked my statistics below for my last 1000 hands played. I am playing almost exclusively 6 player 1 / 2 NL holdem. It was a decent day but I would naturally like to win more.

What do you make of it? How does it compare to yours? Is folding 72% of hands pre flop too tight?

Thanks for any insight, even if it's "get lost" ;)

Pstates

E

eazy489

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey digital,

I have been playing NL hold em for the last 5 years. I play some cash but mostly tournaments, and have profited over 100k online. Let me give you a bit of advice.

If you are saying you are a n00b, then in all honesty you probably are. (at least you are honest lol) That being the case, you should not be playing 1/2 NL hold em. If you are playing poker even as a hobby, you need to abide by strict bankroll guidelines. In all reality the minimum you should devote to poker for playing 1/2 NL HE is between 10 and 15 thousand. If you deposit a few hundred or even 2 thousand or 5 thousand online, and think you can run it up playing 1/2 NL, you will lose it very quickly.

Bankroll rule of thumb: Most pros agree that you should have about 100 buy ins for the level you are playing. I would say that at 1/2 and lower, around 50-60 buy ins is sufficient. But you don't want to go much lower than that.

In terms of your stats, 1000 hands is actually a pretty small sample size. If you were playing 28% of hands over a very large sample, I would say that that is actually a pretty good stat, as long as you are using that against your opponents. 28% vpip (voluntarily put $$ in pot) is actually a few %'s higher than your avg 6 max grinder..maybe about where they are. I think your stats overall look pretty darn good, but again its a small sample size and you should work as hard as you can on your short handed NL game if you plan on playing a lot online. There are training sites all over the web to teach you better poker. I like deucescracked.com. I'm not sure how much you have deposited, but if its something like 1k, then i would start at maybe .5/.10 and .10/.25. Hope this helps.

palmerd2

palmerd2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Digital,

Cool first post. Look up your stats online at www.pokertableratings.com, then please post your vpip, your pfr, and your total aggro factor. Based on the information you have submitted, a 28% vpip is actually perfect for 6max. Try to get your pfr around 22% and you should be making good money.