New poker show

DESSERTLADY

DESSERTLADY

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all,

If you are like me and like to watch poker on tv once in awhile I thought I would tell you if you didn't already know about it. Wednesday July 5th is the start of the new PPT on the Travel Channel. I saw the preview back a few months ago and I really like the structure. They don't just show the final table they have a highlighted table but also show the outer tables. A bit similiar to the Heads up on NBC awhile back.
PPT is the Professional poker tour.

Wednesday July 5th on the
Travel channel 9pm EDT/8pm CST

C

Cardsharp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard it was starting soon, wasn't sure when though. Sounds like it'll be good.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anybody see "The Poker Dome" on Fox Sports Net? It's amusing to watch only for a while.

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its also on Saturdays here from 12 to 2 pm, is it replacing the WPT, ?? should be good, havent seen that Dome thing yet though>> buck:hello:

DESSERTLADY

DESSERTLADY

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
t1riel said:
Anybody see "The Poker Dome" on Fox Sports Net? It's amusing to watch only for a while.

Tim,

Saw The Poker Dome a week or so ago. It was on late here so I didn't stay up to watch it for long. Was it that bad? lol

buckster436 said:
Its also on Saturdays here from 12 to 2 pm, is it replacing the WPT, ?? should be good, havent seen that Dome thing yet though>> buck:hello:

Buck, The PPT is just replacing the WPT until the next season begins of the WPT. I don't think it is a premanant replacement.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Travel channel poker IMO is the most boring of any of the top poker shows. WPT always has nobodies at their final tables.

LetsGetItOn

LetsGetItOn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wsorbust said:
Travel channel poker IMO is the most boring of any of the top poker shows. WPT always has nobodies at their final tables.

Apparently you don't watch FSN poker besides poker superstars they have a bunch of no namers playing. They've had the Ultimate bet poker challenge and most recently the Poker Dome. Amazingly boring to watch, however I did get a kick off some chicks name which was "Morehead".

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree it is worse....But, I don't consider the poker on FSN a top poker show...

HoldemChamp

HoldemChamp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will remember the next time I see Doyle Brunson, John Juanda, Gus Hanson, and David Sklanksy that they are nobodies.:laugh:

I just had to pick on your there. There are plenty of real players that play on the WPT. And, yes, there are also some nobodies that make the final table. Such is poker. Dumb luck sometimes can go a long way.

There are plenty of worse poker programs out there. I won't even go there.

I think it is great the PPT will be taking up some of the slack when the WPT is off season. I never did like the fact that they only had 13 episodes a year.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just had to pick on your there. There are plenty of real players that play on the WPT. And, yes, there are also some nobodies that make the final table. Such is poker. Dumb luck sometimes can go a long way.

You're lucky even if you know 1 of the players at the final...unless of course, it's an invitational.

nateofdeath

nateofdeath

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched it when it was on awhile ago and again tonight. It's definatly more of a 'made for TV' show, in that most of the players are all well known and they make it a point to over explain everything. It's a cool show, i like seeing the whole tournament and it's neat to see so many big names in the same room, but there's something about watching a big money freeroll for millionaires that i don't really care for. still, i'm sure i'll keep watching it

roundcat

roundcat

Creature of leisure
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A couple of years ago Michael Mizrachi was a "nobody" as well... it's amazing how quickly "nobody" can become "somebody." It would be equally boring to see the same players over and over again until the end of time.

zinzan1000

zinzan1000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed, everybody was a nobody at some point.
Nobody knowns nobody until nobody becomes somebody and everybody now knows nobody as somebody until somebody new nobody knows becomes somebody new everybody knows.