let me ask you your thoughts

Y

yakmen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it better in a re-buy tourny to go a bit crazy while the re-buy is still up,or play it like it was your last dime?or is it some where in the middle?

Last edited:
mattzan

mattzan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should play more hands... in my opinion.
Agressive... if you lose you can rebuy. that's the bonus of the tournament. to go more agressive and play more hands.
But you can play normaly, tight. that's your option. but when you got like QQ and 4 opponents go all in... you should forget the math and call and see what happens.. if you lose - rebuy.
=)

Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Could be profitable

I dont think rebuying is a good idea but its there in case you do mess up.
But the way some people play in these tournaments, if your a really good tournament player you could make a good cash from all the extra money that gets put in.

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play smart, quality poker. Be aggressive when you can, fold when you know your beat. The rebuy is not the as an option to play stupid, some use it that way and man do I love scooping those chips.

Just my two cents.

white_lytning

white_lytning

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning you want to play a lot more hands and try to get in the position to win huge pots. You can accept more risk in situations as long as they offer big pots to you. If you lose you can just re-buy. I enjoy them because you can play a little crazier than normal and take a lot more chances.

Theblueduce

Theblueduce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say use caution and common scense. No one want to spend more money than they have to. Play your A game and you won't have to get into your wallet for more money.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have read some players here advise to re-buy as soon as you start and always add on, some players play smart with that 1st re-buy and dont go crazy. Say you get AA 1st hand and one player pushes all in, would you rather have the 1st re-buy or not?

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have read some players here advise to re-buy as soon as you start and always add on, some players play smart with that 1st re-buy and dont go crazy. Say you get AA 1st hand and one player pushes all in, would you rather have the 1st re-buy or not?

You definately would of wanted to rebuy if this situation accurred.If he rebought then you gain alot more chips if you win.Even If he didnt rebuy your stack will still be 50% bigger if the rebuy doubled your stack.

Snow :cool:

R

rustraptor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its my personal opinion that rebuy tournaments are there for the rake and makes more money for the website. Its a good rule of thumb to play tight when others are aggressive. Eventually you will trap them.

Or be a sucker and throw your money away.

Either way.

Lazmansa

Lazmansa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I target those that are playing loose and crazy.Just play clever and let every 1 else rebuy while u take there chips.there are always a few at the table that will play very loose so target them and play good poker.

Lazmansa:D

moemtg

moemtg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on BR, Buy-In and Level

Depends on BR, Buy-In and Level... those are the factors that come in... I wouldnt play like a psycho... I play as if it is my last dime... but still if there is something like a close call and you know its a coinflip... Go for it and rebuy... Try doing this at lower game levels though cause rebuying when the blinds are 200/400 just dont make sense....

My two cents,
Moe:cool:

Y

yakmen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks

Im just posting this thread to say Thank you to all of the responces to my other threads.all of them have helped my game quite a bit.i will for sure be asking more questions in the future and if anyone has any stratagies that has worked for them in nl texas holdem..i would really like to hear them ..thanks again for all the advice....Yakmen

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I target those that are playing loose and crazy.Just play clever and let every 1 else rebuy while u take there chips.there are always a few at the table that will play very loose so target them and play good poker.

Lazmansa:D

Often times what will 'seem' like crazy loose play, actually has a means behind the madness.
In a rebuy, you want to try to get your chips into the middle if you think you might have any marginal edge. Building a big chipstack during the rebuy period is essential if you plan on running deep in the 'real' tourney (<< which starts after the rebuy period.... rebuy tourneys are basically deepstacked tourneys that start after the rebuy period is over).

It wasn't until I watched a really decent rebuy MTT strategy training video that I became much more aware of what is decent rebuy tourney strategy. There's more to it than might meet the eye of the uneducated (or the single bullet approach player).

G

Grinder101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember watching a video on Cardrunners that encouraged marginal all ins and even ones where you're a slight dog. It said something like you want to try to build a big stack for the tournament 'middle game'.

T

tjyff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most people play a lot less tight, so I like to play super tight and pick up some easy pots early. I like rebuy tournaments because you usually end up with a pretty healthy chip stack att he beggining if you play tight, and the prize pool is higher from the people who rebuy. I also usually addon.