Into the muck; What the f***??!

F

FrancoVeil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hardest part about this post was figuring out where to put it.

Hope all who haven't seen it already enjoy it ... unfortunately most don't show the whole sequence of events.

http://youtu.be/LA9YLplSiuw

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of these can only be folded live imo.

Samango

Samango

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All the way through, I'm thinking 'Where's Romanello'
Absolutely amazing

F

FrancoVeil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of these can only be folded live imo.

Agreed, lol.

There would need to exist some kind of read or tell on your opponent that is impossible online - at least I haven't found it yet.

bigdog6262

bigdog6262

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There would need to exist some kind of read or tell on your opponent that is impossible online
that is not tru at all ive been able to read some1s holecards online in fact a few but heres 1
The Little Green Book by Phil Gordon ive added that to my books to read
and Harrington on holdem volumes and Book of Tells as well im def. trying improve my reading skill i think im pretty good at that because when i was playing in a online torny was able to read that some1 had poket qs he raised preflop got some before me to call then me i think i had 108s r something like that flop came 86k the person who opened with his qs paused then bet thats how i know he didnt like the k the guy before me calls n i call knowing that i was beat by the qs hoping to bluff the turn but he shoves and the guy before me calls with k7
its QUOTE because i posted it in my thread poker books
great folds on the video
at least I haven't found it yet.
nope u haven't found it yet but its possable

F

FrancoVeil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course its possible to make some reads online. For example, if someone makes a big bet or raise pre-flop and immediately shoves after the flop, Im pretty sure that was planned regardless of the outcome and will usually call.

But there are just certain tells that are impossible online that are not so live.
For example in, I think, it was the last segment of that vid, when a boat folded to a bigger boat. Im just not sure a fold like that is possible online unless you reeeeaaalllly know this opponent.

One thing that online poker has done for me is make me much more sensitive to players habits. I prefer live games and have always paid attention to this, but rely more heavily on the subtleties of body language.

Undoubtedly, online tells are there and undoubtedly it takes more experience to perfect than I have in the online arena as Im very new to online.
But undoubtedly live games allow much more flexibility here too.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The guy with KK full over JJ full was a huge tellbox; I can understand to an extent not reraising but I dare you to find someone folding on the river online.

Similarly, Johnny Chan said he had a read that Huck Seed loved the flop. It would be a bad play to check AA down and fold river to a single bet without a serious live read.

F

fugitive67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course its possible to make some reads online. For example, if someone makes a big bet or raise pre-flop and immediately shoves after the flop, Im pretty sure that was planned regardless of the outcome and will usually call.
ha, i wouldnt do that, just cause it was planned doesnt mean it was a bad plan :)

F

FrancoVeil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ha, i wouldnt do that, just cause it was planned doesnt mean it was a bad plan :)

I did say usually, not always. but if I have any kind of something and this situation arises Im gonna call. The benefit of this, even if it wasn't a bad plan is that you acquire alittle bit of a read on that person. I make full benefit of the notes capability on these sites. There are so many peeps that will raise pre-flop with small suited connectors ( or semi-connected) get a big card flop and still shove because they imagined a better flop and thus expect a miracle turn and river that it pays to call in very specific instances like this. You can almost feel when someone is doing this.

Never said it was a bad plan, just that if you call someone on it that it often works out and when it doesn't you may lose some money but you've bought a valuable read on an opponent.

I believe in experimentation in an unfamiliar arena