losing a big pot

these days I rarely raise pre-flop because until
the flop you just cant know where you are in a hand

Other people I talk to while playing say the same thing
about aces being overated preflop but all the experts
say you are wasting value if you dont raise and I am
just a bit puzzled and would be interested to hear how
anyone else deals with Aces in Omaha

may I with everyone a happy and healthy new year :)

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't care what 'experts' say, raising PF in PLO is a matter of position, table situation etc., including having AA. But naked As without str8 or fl draws are usually sucker hands in PLO.

There aint no 'always' in poker.

Naked As are dangerous proceed with caution I say. Raise if the situation is right but be prepared to let the hand go if you catch nothing on the flop and peeps start firing at u.

Happy Newyah to u2!

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't care what 'experts' say, raising PF in PLO is a matter of position, table situation etc., including having AA. But naked As without str8 or fl draws are usually sucker hands in PLO.

There aint no 'always' in poker.

Naked As are dangerous proceed with caution I say. Raise if the situation is right but be prepared to let the hand go if you catch nothing on the flop and peeps start firing at u.

Happy Newyah to u2!

Umm short answer, no. Naked aces still have a great deal of equity behind them and are long term winning hands.

What you do with AA is less dependent on position and more dependent on how much money you can possibly get in preflop. Maybe I should rephrase that a little, while position is going to impact your play if you are going to get 40% of your stack in preflop you can profitably shove 90% of flops so in that sense your position is not going affect you.

Now when you cant easily stick money in preflop position is going to mean more as you now have to worry about actually play postflop and without specific situation im not going to get into that.