Switcharoo

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This one threw me loop when it went down. I've had hands time out on me before, when I know that I've acted in plenty of time. But when that happens, your hand gets folded and you get sat out and have to sit back in. Look at this hand description in the chat box carefully and see if you can see anything funny and try to imagine how this hand went down. Realize, of course, that I was looking at the cards on the table, not the chat box, and try to picture my reaction at showdown.
Switcharoo2
Notice something funny? Do you see it? Again, you have to realize that I was watching it play out on the table, not the chat box. So when it shows the cards that were dealt to me, those are the cards that I was looking at. It says folded, but then shows me checking my blind a few seconds later. When I looked at the hand history, it says that I was disconnected. In fact, it shows the hand where I was dealt Ad-7c, says disconnected, and shows no action by any other player. The history doesn't show the hand with the 4 diamonds on the board at all. Instead, it skips to the next hand where I was dealt K-J.

This is how the hand played out from my perspective. I was dealt A-7 in the BB. There was no glitches or hick-ups or any delay in the action whatsoever. When the flop came all diamonds, I took note of the fact that I was holding the Ace of diamonds. I called the min bet on the flop and made the nut flush on the turn. Again I called a min bet on the turn in the hopes that my opponent might make a bigger bet on the river. The river card changes nothing. I am still holding the nut flush. My opponent makes another min bet. I raise it to 280 to try to get a few more chips out of him. He calls and turns over Ts-Qd (Queen high flush), and my cards blink and do a switcheroo to 5s-3c.

At first I thought I just wasn't paying attention and that I had somehow brain farted and played the cards that I had been dealt the previous hand. But I knew that I saw the Ace of diamonds when the three diamonds were showing on the flop. So I looked at the hand history and saw that it said I had disconnected. Then I scrolled back through the chat box and just as I thought, I had been dealt 7c-Ad. And those were the cards that I saw displayed as the hand played out, all the way to the showdown, when they switcharooed on me.

It wasn't a monster pot. I only lost about 500 chips. But that is a 1000 chip swing. I didn't bother contacting support about it, because I still ended up taking second place. So what were they really going to do about it anyway. But I had to share it here with you guys because this is one that I have just never seen before. I just found it strange that, if I had timed or disconnected and had my hand folded, that I wasn't sat out. What seems even stranger, is that the hand that I was supposed to be disconnected on had played out so fast that I never perceived a delay. Then the game continued to show me holding the same cards for the entirety of the next hand. Just weird!

Last edited:
dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ya that's pretty weird... I've been seeing a lot of disconnection problems on Carbon lately(nothing this bizarre).