shorthanded sng payouts

H

hicard77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone know of any 6 seat sit and goes that pay to third.

There are two I know of - pacific poker and poker4ever

Pacific Poker has 50% 30% 20% payouts for 6 seaters which is nice, but their blind structure is too fast for me.

I have not played at poker4ever yet and don't know what their blinds structure is like.

I like the idea of 50% of the field being payed as this reduces bubbling. So anyone elso know of any other 6 seaters with 3 spots paid?

cheers

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like a flatter payout levels, as it leads to more consistent payouts. I prefer games where the top few positions do not have huge payouts as compared to the several seats below it (IE, not too top heavy). With the ever-increasing blinds and antes, the end of a tournament can be a craps shoot, and I don't like working hard to get some place then losing a big good because of bad luck. A flatter payout scale decreases the influence of luck on your bankroll.

However, I dislike payouts where you only make a profit that equals a fraction of your buy-in. Taking a $2.92 prize after investing $2.20 and two hours of your time is no deal. Again, unless I made $4.40 I wouldn't consider it a successful session.

If you play on pokerstars, you might want to try the $2.20 satellites to the Sunday $100k. In the 36 player games, six get an $11 ticket to the Sunday $100k and one person gets $6. Winners can then unregister from the Sunday $100k and they get $11t.

Sure, only 1 out of 5.14 (19.45%) of people get a prize, but most of those pay out 5x their buy-in. 5x your buy in is a pretty decent prize, and a skilled player should get this payout at least 1/4 of the time.

If you have about 5k-6k near the end of these you can usually fold your way to the money. Basically, that's like treading water and doubling up twice (1,500 into 3,000 then 3,000 into 6,000). Not too difficult.

R

rllngn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the only 6 man sng i have seen has been on bodog beginner tourneys where almsot everyone gets paid lol, not to bad if u have a very small bankroll and have nothing better to do, but i will have to check out the other ones and see,

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands