Live Play advice

Fat Stu

Fat Stu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been playing live(holdem) now for about a month and have played 2 types of events. First is a £10 rebuy with unlimited rebuys for the the first 90 minutes and add-ons for the 3 hands afterwards starting chips 1,000 and blinds starting at 25-50 (increasing every 30 minutes), the other is a £30 freeze out, 4000 starting chips and the same issue with the blinds.

My problem is i'm a bit of a rock and will only play premium hands, after the rebuys I'm in a position of all-in or fold really quickly because of the increase in blinds typically I have 3,000(roughly) chips and the blinds are 400-200, no room to manouvere. It doesn't help that during the re-buy period people are crazy bets of 2 or 3 thousand with 4,5 off and they hit straghts, WTF.

It's the same with the freeze out, although my luck is holding alot better with people not being willing to get low early on and I can loosing up my game a bit.

Done decently in both, although to won anything yet.

Any advice on which game is better for me and advice on how to be in better positions after the break would be most welcoming.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're not comfortable shoving with marginal hands during the rebuy period (I'm getting that impression) and rebuying five or six times if required, then I'd suggest ditching the rebuy tournament and sticking to the freezeout.

A 4000 start bank with 25-50 starting blinds and half-hour levels is actually a decent structure, it should give you a bit of room to work in the early stages and build a decent stack.

Organize a Home Poker Game