Hectic when blinds raise

KMC1828

KMC1828

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone else notice people going nuts immediately after blinds levels raise? maybe for the next 3-5 hands.

i've noticed this a decent amount in the lower buy in games.

S

singate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it depends on the new blind level vs. the size of a player's stack. Many players have an alarm clock in their head which goes off when they get to the magical under 10 BB level. The immediate reaction seems to be "I don't want to get blinded off, I'd rather go out swinging". This of course leads to all in shoves with marginal, sometimes insane hands.

M

Myar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it depends on the new blind level vs. the size of a player's stack. Many players have an alarm clock in their head which goes off when they get to the magical under 10 BB level. The immediate reaction seems to be "I don't want to get blinded off, I'd rather go out swinging". This of course leads to all in shoves with marginal, sometimes insane hands.

M < 10 = push/fold.

Of course they should wait until they have really good hands. At < 10 I will push with AJ and anything better, PP 1010+. At 5 I push with any A, any PP or any two paints.

At full tables, if a short table I will lower a bit, but not much. M & Q is a very important factor in large MTT's.