Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you keep your folded hole cards in view to see "what might've been", or do you let them go into the virtual muck (if you will) and unable to be viewed after you fold?

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well when i fold i forget about what i had and what could have been and i focus on the action between the other players in the hand
it does matter what i would have made because no matter how big the hand might have be, i cant get my cards back so it makes no sense thinking about what could have been

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On Full Tilt they're always "there" if you just hover the cursor over your avatar.

Occasionally you'll wince when you fold garbage and it turns out you would've flopped a full house... but it was still a garbage hand, and I'd fold it again if in the same situation.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold them all together. Keeping them to see "What might have been" causes you to be results oriented.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm southern, so I had to go with the biscuits option ;)

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, turned my (folded) hole cards off and I'm liking it so far.

icecold24k

icecold24k

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to glance to see what might of been but I dont really pay much attention to it other than that.

A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
well when i fold i forget about what i had and what could have been and i focus on the action between the other players in the hand
it does matter what i would have made because no matter how big the hand might have be, i cant get my cards back so it makes no sense thinking about what could have been

Couldn't have said it better. What could have been doesn't help but knowing how the other players react to each hand certainly does.

One more point, it helps to practice remembering hole cards from the first glance for live games if you can't see them at the virtual table.

L

luckystriker22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I usuall keep them if I can, just to know if I have done the right decision.
this way I can Learn how the other plyer play and to have a better view on him .
you see poker is all about gathering information on your rivals

donnie

donnie

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why you want to see if you flop agood hand it may make you play trash hands MUCK them

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems im different :)p )
i often keep them on view, no reason really but when i do fold a biggish hand i like to compare with just what the other players are playing so i can see how loose they are or what price they put on their hands.

Had to vote cake though :)

S

syntheticocean

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With me its a 50/50. I guess it depends on the stakes of the game. When I'm putting 50-100$ on one game, I throw them away as fast as I can and forget them. I don't want to say 'oh no! I had the straight flush!'

D

dnbchemist

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to keep them in view, just to see. Of course I always get annoyed when I hit, but love it when I don't!

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I'll use them to think about how I would play a hand had I not folded preflop. But most of the time I just ignore them, don't think of what's on the board as what would have happened if you called, because at the time you called this was one of the possible boards, but a small part of the actual probability distribution.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If knowing you folded a big hand doesn't affect your play of the next hands then keep them. It can be informative how the others play if you folded important cards to the flop. Anyway shouldn't you be able to remember what happened 5 seconds ago?

S

squarer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to see them just to confirm my play, and most of the time I can be happy I folded. However, there is always that time when you see the flop and just slap you head and wish you were in the game.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i usually have so many tables open that if i'm not in the hand, i don't really watch the action or see what 'would have happened'

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i usually have so many tables open that if i'm not in the hand, i don't really watch the action or see what 'would have happened'

Same here.

Anyway, since im eating a pack of bourbons, I voted for "I like biscuits" :D

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What might have been?, don't need to know.

H

hickey32

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep them only to gauge how others are playing compared to my style. If I would have made a big hand with garbage, it was still garbage to begin with and doesn't affect what I'll do with my next hand. Always play smart.

B

blake024

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, i keep them just to see what might have been. or to see that i made a good fold lol

B

blake024

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not if you are a good poker player.

so if you fold rags and end up flopping a boat, you wouldnt wish you were still in the hand??

or are you saying, wishing you were still in the hand with rags makes you a bad poker player?? :confused:

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Couldn't have said it better. What could have been doesn't help but knowing how the other players react to each hand certainly does.

One more point, it helps to practice remembering hole cards from the first glance for live games if you can't see them at the virtual table.

I voted cake, hoping it's triple chocolate fudge ... :D

I also vote in triplicate to adventure's reply above, especially re: the other players. Since I played live l-o-n-g before computers were smaller than room-size, I don't have much trouble remembering hole cards. Online it's still a convenient option tho.

Folding in Poker