Status
Not open for further replies.
individualequal

individualequal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, I've decided to try to satellite into big tournaments to make money playing poker. On PKR, when you play, e.g., a stage 1 satellite costing $1.99, you will get points for the rake you paid (whatever that may be). On top of this, if you qualify for the next stage, you get the points that you'd earn if you bought in with real money instead of a token/ticket. These points helped me plow through my $50 deposit bonus, as when I'd reach the final stage ($50 buy-in), the points earned would get me more points than if I shoved my whole bankroll on a HU PLO table, with an absolute maniac for an hour (which I have only done once in my poker journey, with a negative outcome), with no risk involved (I satellited into stage 1s with PKR points).

However, my deposit bonus there has expired and I didn't get past the final stage to get a $230 seat to the PKR masters. My question is, what sites give points that go towards deposit/welcome bonuses, from playing satellites that you won a seat into from the previous stage? Preferably with consolation prizes for spare prize pool money (e.g., 1 in 6 win a seat, 13 buy-in, 3rd place gets buy-in minus rake), but not necessarily. I am pretty sure iPoker doesn't give points for tournament buy-ins you satellited into.

Thanks

James
individualequal

individualequal

individualequal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
93 views and nobody has any idea, really?

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You earn points for playing tournaments you satelited into on pokerstars and PokerStars.fr. I'm not too sure of any other sites that do this.

individualequal

individualequal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thing is, I'm looking to play on a site I haven't deposited to before. My fault for not mentioning these sites. They are:

888poker
SkyPoker
PokerStars
partypoker
williamhill
PaddyPower
wsop online
CelebPoker
LockPoker
VictorPoker (or whatever it is called)
CarbonPoker
TitanPoker
PKR

From experience I've found all ipoker sites don't consider satelliting into a $5.50 satellite from an earlier stage, for example, as paying $0.50 rake. On PKR they do, however I have played there before. I would like to use the ability to get rake points for using tokens on deposit bonuses.

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the merge network give points for rake paid in sats. You can get rakeback on there now too so maybe check that out.

Apologies for my vague responses but I haven't been playing on sites other than PS for a while. There's loads of different skins to choose from so surely you aren't signed up to all of them.

Sky poker won't have enough players for you to put in alot of volume. 888 would be decent but again, I'm not sure whether the rake counts for sats.

individualequal

individualequal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok thanks, the list is places I have played, in case you got confused. Merge sites, do they have much traffic in terms of sats and standard tournaments? Do you know off hand any particular merge sites that have a good micro BR welcome bonus?

Status
Not open for further replies.