Been to the WSOPE today

Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
I spent all day today in Leicester Square in London at the world series of poker Europe. Today's event was Omaha so it was a pretty small field, but none the less it was really cool to attend my first wsop.

I spent a lot of the day with the Pokernews guys who are doing a great job of the live reporting at the event. We were railing a bit for TonyG who was doing pretty well when I left, I believe he's at the FT now. I spoke with him quite a bit and he's a really cool guy. He's got a great sense of humour too and is a lot of fun at the tables. Check out the bottom of this post for one of his funny episodes. I wish they'd caught that on TV, that would have for sure been a YouTube moment.

Saw a few pros like Doyle Brunson, and Andy Bloch. Overall there was a pretty distinct lack of media coverage there apart from the pokernews team and of course a few WSOP officials. Hopefully the main event will attract more attention.

I really enjoyed it there today, and I'm hopefully going to go back for the final tables of the main event to watch that. Anyone else been or planning to go?
Tony G doubles up through Rafi Amit

On a flop of
6s.gif
6d.gif
2d.gif
Tony G bets out 16,000 into a 32,000 pot and Rafi Amit puts out a stack of 5,000 chips, effectively a full pot raise. Tony shrugs and moves all his chips in. Rafi sighs and looks disgusted, but announces "I call".

Tony opens
da.gif
jd.gif
jh.gif
4h.gif
for Jacks up with the nut flush draw.
Rafi opens
ah.gif
ks.gif
qc.gif
5h.gif
for...........

The turn
5c.gif
and river
7s.gif
do not improve Rafi, however, at the end of the hand he says "Straight," to which Tony G replies, "I'm gone, on my bike," and stands up. The dealer, believing the players are serious, begins pushing the pot to Rafi. It doesn't take Tony long to stop him, though, and he now has just under 200,000.
-From Pokernews.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow, that must have been really fun! I wish i was there, too bad i live in canada... oh well.
progress.gif

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TonyG is always an entertaining player to watch, live though must have been fun.

Lucky you!

WSOP