Blinding out

ic1uc1

ic1uc1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i always seem to be a few spots short of the money when i blind out on tourneys. I have come to feel i need to be more bet aggressive meaning i need to increase my bet sizes and build a bigger stack to carry me into the money spots. Where is the fine line between bigger betting and too big causing too many opponents to fold and you end up winning small pots.

N

nygmen2007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You never want to just be blinded down. Always play to win. There are times you can steal as well near the bubble, I mean I get chips early then give them away near the end which sucks. In response to your question I would rather win small pots rather than lose large ones. Anytime you can pick up chips, you need to do so. Good luck.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bet range would be 1/2pot - 1 full pot.

You can select on what range depending on table dynamics and/or villain's persona.

I hope that helps.

ic1uc1

ic1uc1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you. that gives me a ratio along the thoughts i was having. I do not lose too many hands but have trouble with building chip stacks due to meager raises on my part.. the result is tapping out before the money. I will try that ratio next time and hopefully post better results.

moses59

moses59

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya i would say 1/2 to full pot. But even if they all fold out u still win $$$$ its a lot better then winning nothing imo

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i always seem to be a few spots short of the money when i blind out on tourneys. I have come to feel i need to be more bet aggressive meaning i need to increase my bet sizes and build a bigger stack to carry me into the money spots. Where is the fine line between bigger betting and too big causing too many opponents to fold and you end up winning small pots.
Maybe u get into nit mode near bubble? Playing scared?
Anyway 1/2 pot or 2/3 of it are mormal values...
Use 1/2 if you are not sure about your hands or opponents,if you flop good,no reason why u dont use 2/3...

Sent from my awesome Cardschat SMC reward,Galaxy tab 3 8.0 using tapatalk 😆

C

CSINSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure you need to increase your bet sizing. It sounds like you don't play too many hands & are quite a nit near the money bubble. I would definitely recommend to play more pots. I would usually bet 1/2 to 2/3 pot & if on river U have the nuts & somebody bets in front of you then bet pot. They are betting because they have something good & will call a pot bet raise OR they are doing a blocking bet where they hope to bet small so you don't bet big.

H

heavystack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
others are scared to come up short also.. be more aggressive

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you tend to be short-stacked approaching the bubble, I suspect you don't put enough emphasis on accumulating chips / maintaining a decent stack during the preceding portion of the tournament. Once you're short, all you can do is look for spots to shove. It's obviously important to learn to recognize better and worse spots, but so is not getting short-stacked as often.

deluns28

deluns28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
combine aggression and position during mid game/bubble against low and medium stacks. Do not play with deep stacks unless you have good hands.

ic1uc1

ic1uc1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
played oct 5 and made it into the money. I bet bigger during tourney. I play top 20 hands and a little speculation hands to throw off my being pegged as tight. I play positional hands and use the hand odds and pot odds to judge play. I think my biggest flaw was the bet size, time will tell. I only play live at a close poker room over the state line since my state is non gambling. Monday night I'll be giving it another shot.

B

binnk

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I never got blinded out because whenever i'm short stacked I prefer going all-in with a "not-so-good-hand" then waiting for a great hand that might never come

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have come to feel i need to be more bet aggressive meaning i need to increase my bet sizes and build a bigger stack to carry me into the money spots.

Betting/Playing aggressive and bet sizing are two different things. Having a higher range of bet size does not necessarily mean you are playing more aggressively. It is possible to play more aggressive even while using smaller bet sizing.

"It is like a chess game, you have to make the right moves" :icon_fara

G

gqr31ff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the main thing for me patience and do not mind risking much stack only in rare cases, you will feel them and so it is better to raise by a few chips and go

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ignore the money. Play to win the tournament. Never ever blind out. By the time we are less than 10bb we should be jamming a wide range of hands.

TakinOver

TakinOver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bet range would be 1/2pot - 1 full pot.

You can select on what range depending on table dynamics and/or villain's persona.

I hope that helps.
For sure, thats why really alomst every site already has a button to automatically click on and it does it all for you. Pot and half pot button. Use those and Its weird but ive heard when you actually punch in your own odd number bets its scares people off the pots. It does work,some what I have tried it. Maybe thats what your doing and it scares them away. :beer:

Slawa1986

Slawa1986

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In any situation you need to show aggression, even if not particularly strong card!!! And not in any case not to look at the final money and the number of players!!!