A site with variety?

B

BadBeat420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now don't get me wrong I luv NLHE but i miss other games as well! Such as Razz , Badugi, Stud and so on... Any suggestions??

F

floweryhead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pokerstars run most of these games. I play Razz and Omaha 8 on there all the time

taban13

taban13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course there are many different sites where you can play these games but it is better than the pokerstars, you just will not find.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Carbon has a regular batch of players who prefer non HE games. Somewhere in the 500 +/- range I would guess. Seldom will a horse tourney fail to start, nor will Stud tourneys fail. Can't say the same about their ring games that are not NLHE. But every now and then I was finding HORSE ring games. Or Stud games. I do not remember a Razz ring game table with more than 3 players. All of their tourneys have late registration, so sometimes they start with close to the minimum # of players, which is generally 5.

Is badugi even poker?????

F

floweryhead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Carbon has a regular batch of players who prefer non HE games. Somewhere in the 500 +/- range I would guess. Seldom will a horse tourney fail to start, nor will Stud tourneys fail. Can't say the same about their ring games that are not NLHE. But every now and then I was finding HORSE ring games. Or Stud games. I do not remember a Razz ring game table with more than 3 players. All of their tourneys have late registration, so sometimes they start with close to the minimum # of players, which is generally 5.

Is badugi even poker?????

At Pokerstars I was playing quite a lot of Razz ring games for a while. The reason that I don't do it so often now is because I use placemint to allow me to multitable a lot and for Razz I need to make the tables bigger (the left hand card isn't visible if I don't) and so it means that I have do dart all over the place whilst mutlitabling other games. There always seems to be active tables though there's two running right now at the micros and 4 at the low. OK... so it's not millions but it shows that the game is certainly active. If America ever comes back online I have a feeling that there will be a lot more too.

I never got my head around badugi but have played it... but if it isn't poker... at least its another game to play!

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The OP is in the US, and our non-NLHE games are very limited. If you are outside the US, then Stars, by all means, tho there used to be a guy from England who was a regular at Carbon in the HORSE games. He, like many, prefer the UI of Carbon over plain old stars. I prefer that Carbon UI also. Not a knock on Stars, they are perfectly functional.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I swear this US non US confusion on here is pretty crazy. America's cardroom has some 7 stud and stud hi/lo as well as PLO and PLO hi/lo. They also have 32 card poker but no one ever plays. Traffic is pretty crappy on other stuff too, especially the stud. Probably not a lot of help, but at least I didn't suggest a site you can't even use like everybody else. Awareness is hard. Lol.

ccocco

ccocco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is very good to learn and play all varieties of poker, and I particularly learned all this good. playing HORSE, and other games

F

floweryhead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is very good to learn and play all varieties of poker, and I particularly learned all this good. playing HORSE, and other games

I agree totally. By learning games that you're not used to it gives you further insights into poker in general as well as things you may not have thought of in your favourite game

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah Industry Leader: POKERSTARS has it all