Our poker odds calculator allows you to simulate a poker hand and see the likelihood that you'll win. It calculates the odds of every possible outcome in seconds, giving you an edge over other players and stopping you from making crucial mistakes.
It's simple to use. Select the variation you're playing and the cards in play, then watch as it calculates the odds of each hand winning, losing and drawing.
I was shown the CardsChat Odds Calculator and was blown away by the aesthetically pleasing design and functionality! As a professional poker player it is important to review hands and be aware of equity calculations. Having a place that is easy to plug in hands and visually pleasing is really great for my own review as well as for going over it with students and friends. I will be using this on my future Twitch streams and vlogs frequently!
Once you have mastered calculating poker odds, you can sharpen your skills with more of our excellent guides here.
Every player is looking for an edge when they're at the tables to help them win. A betting odds calculator - specifically the CardsChat poker odds calculator - is a preferred tool for thousands of players. But what exactly is it?
A poker odds calculator is a piece of software that lets you simulate any scenario that you might see at a poker table. You can fill in your own hand and calculate the chances of you winning against a series of other (specific or random) hands.
Each poker player faces difficult decisions at the table, but the best ones will try to remember those situations so they can revisit them later and analyse if their instincts were correct. When you find yourself in a tricky hand, or aren't sure if you made the right move, take a note of the cards each player had and enter them into the CardsChat poker odds calculator. In just a few clicks you'll be able to see your exact winning odds at every stage of the hand.
Did you play the hand well, and just get unlucky? Or perhaps you played it badly, but somehow beat the odds to win the pot? If you want to improve, it's important to find out the truth!
There are no guarantees, but in the long run, using this kind of statistical information can give you a real edge over players.
Using an online poker odds calculator is a huge help when it comes to improving your game, but how else can you increase your odds of winning?
Think you can play poker successfully without giving some thought to strategy? Think again. Every successful player looks to carry a poker strategy into battle. There are countless poker strategies out there, some of which are easy to adopt, while others prove to be a little more complicated. No matter which you opt for, you must understand the importance of using it and how it can make you a better player.
You must understand what all the poker hands are when playing Texas Hold'em. To get you up to speed, here's a quick rundown of hand order. For more information check out our poker starting hands guide.
10, Jack, Queen, King, Ace all in the same suit
Five cards in numerical order, all required to be of the same suit
Four cards of the same type spanning all four suits
Three of kind plus a pair, sometimes referred to as a "Full Boat"
Any five cards of a single suit
Five cards of a running numerical order, suit irrelevant
Also known as trips, this hand is made up of three cards of the same rank, spanning three suits
Two pairs that double up within a hand
Two cards that are the same but of different suits
Highest single value card
For any prospective poker player, it's worth looking into poker's terminology, so you can know your short stack from your showdown when in the heat of play. Use our poker glossary to help.
You can use this simple odds chart for calculating odds and probabilities while playing, especially when you are drawing and hoping to improve your hand, helping you to decide which bets to make. It has basic hand odds given the number of "outs" after the flop or after the turn. These "outs" represent the cards you need to hit to make a better hand, such as turning a pair into three-of-a-kind, or filling a straight draw. Feel free to save this image for use anytime you need it! If you would like to start practicing or playing, check out our freerolls page for the best poker rooms to get you started.
Poker is a hyper-competitive game with real stakes and real money commonly riding on the line. This makes having an edge at the tables crucial, something that a poker odds calculator can easily provide.
Whenever you've run into a tricky situation and aren't sure whether you made the right move or not, use the poker odds calculator to determine the hard facts about your position in the hand. It will tell you instantly what your chances of winning are in any situation, so you can see when you were right to pay for a draw, for example, or if you weren't as much of an underdog as you thought you were. This information and data will allow you to exert a tighter grip on the action, making your play more effective in the process.
Replaying previous poker hands can be an invaluable learning experience and this free poker odds calculator is perfect for the serious poker player who wants to master the art of winning money at online poker or at the casino tables.
By calculating odds in various scenarios you get a 'behind-the-cards' perspective as to why experienced players act the way they did and secure a mountain of chips.
Besides getting an inside look into the minds of pros, by using our Texas Hold'em poker calculator you also discover the reasons why you didn't win last night's pot and be better equipped to win your money back next time.
It all depends on how serious you are about wanting to improve your play. The longer you spend tinkering about with our Hold'em poker calculator, the finer you can hone your ability to mentally predict the odds.
Other players might wish to use our free poker odds calculator only when the need arises, such as after a particularly difficult decision. For best results, we suggest you run hands you've seen on tournaments or at your last poker night and use the pot odds calculator to study (and learn) how great poker players react when dealt a particular hand.
Nothing beats the rush of playing for real money and there's no better way to learn poker. However, if you're in it to win the game, then studying plays on our Texas Hold'em odds calculator is definitely an ace up your sleeve.
By calculating pot odds with this poker odds calculator you'll familiarize yourself with a more technical way of playing; after all, poker isn't just about what your guts are telling you! Using our odds calculator, you stand a better chance of analysing a play correctly and making the right moves to ensure victory next time.
The terms "poker odds calculator" and "poker win percentage calculator" might seem like a bit of a mouthful but using one - such as CardsChat's offering above - is pretty simple.
You simply select the cards you have, then choose the cards of your first competitor, and add cards of other opponents as necessary. Once the calculator has all this information, click the centre to run the rest of the hand, and from there you'll be presented with the odds needed to read the table.
Pot odds are the ratio of the current pot size when placed up against the amount you would need to pay into the pot to stay in the hand. Winning odds are slightly different, in that they represent the chances of a hand winning the pot – either by hitting a certain card, or "out", or by your opponent’s missing their own outs.
The out card is the card that will essentially complete your hand. For example, should you be on a potential flush draw, with four hearts already in hand, then there will be nine hearts theoretically left to be claimed to complete the flush. On the flop, your odds of hitting that fifth heart are around 35%, or approximately 2:1. This means the pot odds – the ratio of pot size to bet size – usually needs to be offering you 2:1 or better to make this a worthwhile play (e.g. to call a £5 bet the pot should already contain at least £10).
Use the poker odds calculator to review hands and see exactly what your winning odds were at any point, and whether you were getting the right pot odds to make that difficult call or not!
Lady luck is certainly going to have a hand in deciding how you fare at the tables, but her presence won't ever be the only determining factor. Poker is all about how you approach the game, so you're going to need to combine a poker odds calculator with experience and some knowledge of the game.
Master the art of bluffing, study various poker game strategies, and most importantly log some hours at the table, and you'll find that your chances of winning will increase rapidly.
Winning poker odds are calculated based on the probabilities of each card coming off the deck next. Let's look at a quick example:
In a heads-up Texas Hold'em game where Player A holds a pair of Aces and Player B holds a pair of Kings, and the flop shows, say, Q-6-2 of different suits, the latter will need to hit a third King to win the hand.
With just two Kings left in the remainder of the deck (which consists of 45 cards), the chances of a King being dealt on the turn are 43:2, and 42:2 on the river. This equates to an approximately 4.5% chance of a King being dealt and Player B winning the hand, so Player B's winning odds are around 4.5% and Player A's winning odds are around 95.5%.
Using what we've learned about pot odds, we can see that the pot would need to be offering more than 20x the amount Player B would need to pay to call for the play to be profitable for them in the long term.