The Ultimate Top 31 Gambling Songs
- Written by the CardsChat Editorial Team
- 10 minutes
1. Waking Up In Vegas – Katy Perry
If you’ve ever been to Las Vegas, you know that the nights can get out of hand. That’s precisely the topic Katy Perry tackles in this top 40 smash, which finds an underage couple trying to piece together what happened the night before. Although gambling takes a back seat to the fear of accidentally getting married, partying, and blackouts, it’s hard to deny the truth behind the catch phrase what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. We all know that the mayhem matters as much as what unfolds at the tables.
2. On The Nickel – Tom Waits
3. Diamond Jack – Wishbone Ash
4. Huck’s Tune – Bob Dylan
5. Aces of Spades – Motorhead
6. The Dealer – Stevie Nicks
7. Raglan Road – Van Morrison
8. The Stranger Song – Leonard Cohen
9. Shape of My Heart – Sting
10. Poker Face – Lady Gaga
11. Good Run of Bad Luck – Clint Black
12. That Was A Crazy Game Of Poker – O.A.R.
13. Wagon Wheel – Darius Rucker
14. Desperado – The Eagles
15. Two of a Kind, Workin’ on a Full House – Garth Brooks
17. Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts – Bob Dylan
18. Pokerface – Ghostface Killah (ft. Shawn Wigs)
19. Solitaire – The Carpenters
20. Queen of Hearts – Juice Newton
21. Little Queen of Spades – Robert Johnson
22. The Gambler – Kenny Rogers
23. Deal – Grateful Dead
24. Still the Same – Bob Seger
25. Deuces Are Wild – Aerosmith
26. All I Wanna Do Is Play Cards – Corb Lund
27. Deck of Cards – Tex Ritter
28. The Jack – AC/DC
Even casual card players will appreciate the poker analogies that lie at the heart of this
High Voltage album track. The song tells the story of a promiscuous woman who pretends to be innocent with great lines like “her deuce was wild, but my ace was high” and “said she’d never had a full house, but I should have known.” Although the song is overshadowed by bigger hits like TNT, this blues rock classic is always worth a listen. Interestingly enough, AC/DC has altered this track over the years. If you catch a live clip, you’ll notice that many of the poker references are gone as the track is now more sexually explicit.
29. Queen of Hearts – Gregg Allman
30. Losing Hand – Ray Charles
31. Viva Las Vegas – Elvis Presley
Elvis Presley’s Viva Las Vegas isn’t just a great gambling song, it’s the unofficial anthem of Sin City. The King covers all the bases with mentions of poker, blackjack, roulette, craps, and one armed bandits, which is an old-school name for slot machines. Elvis also pays tribute to the nightlife with references to a thousand pretty women, having a swinging time, and night becoming day. The track, which first appeared in the film of the same name, wasn’t a huge hit at the time of its release. Yet the song has gained popularity and spawned countless covers in the decades since.
Discuss Your Favourite in the Forum
There are so many songs about gambling out there, you can literally cram your Spotify, Amazon Music, or Apple Music full of them should you wish. Everyone has their favourite gambling song – does yours feature on our Top 31 list?
If your particular favourite didn’t make the cut – or even if it did – it’s certainly be going to worth joining the discussion on the CardsChat forum. It’s not just poker and casino inspired songs that are up for discussion either, talking points cover everything from general chitchat to the latest poker playing strategies.