Did you know? You’re more likely to be struck by lightning twice or win the lottery than you are to meet your doppelgänger
Here are some random facts for you …
- Any human is three times more likely to find $100 on the street (1 in 333,062,500) than they are to meet their doppelgänger (1 in 1,000,000,000,000)
- There are equal chances of getting struck by lightning once and becoming a millionaire (1 in 500,000)
- Americans have a 1 in 209,000,000 chance of becoming the President of the United States; in fact, humans are more likely to win the lottery (1 in 45,057,474)
We’ve conducted research into the odds of various things happening in our everyday lives, from being struck by lightning, not just once, but twice, to becoming the President of the United States and even meeting your doppelgänger.
Although many fear shark infested waters and the possibility of being attacked by a shark on vacation, we’re more likely to have a toilet related accident, with odds being 1 in 10,000 compared to dying in a shark attack at 1 in 3,748,067.
Test your knowledge here:
What are some of the least likely odds to happen in a lifetime?
- Meeting your doppelgänger – 1 in 1,000,000,000,000
- Finding $100 on the street – 1 in 333,062,500
- Becoming the President of the United States – 1 in 209,000,000
- Winning the lottery – 1 in 45,057,474
- Dying in a tornado – 1 in 13,000,000
- Odds of going blind after laser eye surgery – 1 in 5,000,000
- That a left-hand person will die while using a right-handed appliance – 1 in 4,400,000
- Dying in a shark attack – 1 in 3,748,067
- Getting hit by a bus – 1 in 2,700,000
- Being dealt a Royal Flush in poker – 1 in 2,598,960
We might pin our hopes on meeting our doppelganger at some point, but actually you are more likely to be killed by a stray firework (1 in 340,733) or become a movie star (1 in 110,500) – the latter could be fun!
What are some of the more surprising odds that have a good chance of occurring?
- Dying on your birthday – 1 in 365
- Being born with extra fingers and toes – 1 in 500
- Becoming an astronaut – 1 in 1,525