The 2019 edition of PokerStars’ World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP) will have its biggest ever guarantee with at least $75 million up for grabs this September.
The online poker site first announced details of the MTT series at the end of July. Keeping with tradition, it promised another selection of big-money events spread over a two-week period.
With tournament players on tenterhooks, PokerStars finally published the full schedule this week.
WCOOP Bigger than Ever in 2019
Posting details of WCOOP 2019 on August 19, the operator confirmed the series will run from September 5 to September 23. Additionally, there will be $75 million in added value across 73 events.
Each event, will feature three tiers. The only exceptions will be the with two main events, costing $55 and $5,200, and four special UFC MTTs.
In total, players will have their pick of 219 tournaments this September.
As ever, WCOOP will cater to all budgets. Alongside a series of satellites and promotions, low stakes novices can ante up from as little as $2.20.
For the high rollers, Event #25 comes with a $25,000 and a $2 million guarantee.
Varied Schedule Offers Something for Everyone
Ahead of the main events, which get underway on September 22, there will be a host of varied offerings. Pot Limit Omaha, Phase MTTs, 2-7 Single Draw and deep stacks all come as standard.
PokerStars will also be taking advantage of its partnership with the UFC. Using the weight category system common in mixed martial arts (MMA), the four UFC WCOOP tournaments will be known as:
- WCOOP Event #41 UFC Bantamweight $11 Eight-Max Progressive KO, $200K GTD.
- WCOOP Event #41 UFC Lightweight $109 Eight-Max Progressive KO, $1.25 million GTD
- WCOOP Event #41 UFC Middleweight $1,050 Eight-Max Progressive KO, $1.25 million GTD
- WCOOP Event #41 UFC Heavyweight $10,300 Eight-Max Progressive KO, $1 million GTD
As well as cash prizes, the winner of each UFC WCOOP showdown will scoop a trip to UFC 244 at Madison Square Garden, New York.
Series Remains Pride of PokerStars
PokerStars’ WCOOP has long be regarded as the premier online MTT series. When it launched in 2002, the idea was to create an online equivalent to the World Series of Poker (WSOP).
After initial success, WCOOP became the third biggest poker series (live or online) in 2005 with a total prizepool worth $12,783,900.
Since then, attendance figures and cash prizes have continued to grow. In 2018, records fell as the $70 million guarantee was easily surpassed.
When the numbers were in, 2017’s record prizepool of $91 million was beaten by almost $10 million.
With a reputation to uphold and Partypoker piling on the pressure with innovations such as its $20 million MTT, Millions Online, PokerStars has upped the ante this year.
By guaranteeing $5 million than in 2018, the aim will be to surpass the $100 million mark and set new standards for the online poker industry.
PokerStars WCOOP 2019 Schedule Highlights
- WCOOP-02-L: $109 NLHE [8-Max, Progressive KO, Mini Thursday Thrill SE], $500K GTD
- WCOOP-02-M: $1,050 NLHE [8-Max, Progressive KO, Thursday Thrill SE], $1,000,000 GTD
- WCOOP-02-H: $10,300 NLHE [8-Max, Progressive KO, High Roller], $1,000,000 GTD
- WCOOP-13-L: $55 NLHE [Mini Sunday Million SE], $400K GTD – Right To Play Charity Event
- WCOOP-13-M: $530 NLHE [Sunday Million SE], $1,000,000 GTD
- WCOOP-13-H: $5,200 NLHE [High Roller], $1,000,000 GTD
- WCOOP-25-L: $215 NLHE [8-Max, High Roller], $500K GTD
- WCOOP-25-M: $2,100 NLHE [8-Max, High Roller], $1,000,000 GTD
- WCOOP-25-H: $25,000 NLHE [8-Max, High Roller], $2,000,000 GTD
- WCOOP-45-L: $11 FL Badugi, $10K GTD
- WCOOP-45-M: $109 FL Badugi, $25K GTD
- WCOOP-45-H: $1,050 FL Badugi, $50K GTD
- WCOOP-70-L: $55 NLHE [8-Max, NLHE Main Event], $1,250,000 GTD
- WCOOP-70-H: $5,200 NLHE [8-Max, NLHE Main Event], $10,000,000 GTD