The inaugural WSOP Pennsylvania Online Circuit series is roaring toward its apex with its Main Event on Sunday, a $525 buy-in $100,000 guarantee No-Limit Hold’em tourney. Players start with 15,000 chips at 6:30 p.m. ET and can rebuy up to three times.
Like all the winners of this series, a WSOP Circuit ring will be awarded along with the cash.
Travis “MrTasty” Horning is standing out from the crowd in this series. After finishing three out of the money in Event #1, Horning made up for it by winning a ring and $10,825 for taking down Event #2, a $320 double stack tourney on Sept. 4. He then finished third for $11,818 in the $1,000 buy-in, $50,000 High Roller six-handed tourney three days later. He was part of a field of 60.
Horning cashed twice more in Event#3 and Event #8 (14th) for another $2,903, putting him on the top of the WSOP PA Circuit leaderboard. The top-10 players on the leaderboard will share $10,000 in tournament tickets. Horning, along with all of the winners from the other dozen events, will gain entry into a $25,000 freeroll next week.
Players who competed in three or more Circuit events will also be eligible to play in a “Grinders Only” freeroll where the winner gets into a $250,000 Champions Event that will be held at the end of the year. The winner of that event will receive a share of the prize money and a WSOP gold bracelet.
The 2021 WSOP PA Circuit series winners through the first seven events are:
- Event #1 – $50,000 No-Limit Hold’em Deep Turbo: Davis “LucaShelby” Phillips, $10,190
- Event #2 – $50,000 No-Limit Hold’em Double Stack: Travis “MrTasty” Horning, $10,825
- Event #3 – $75,000 No-Limit Hold’em Monster Stack: Richard “EatMushrooms” Ali, $13,935
- Event #4 – $40,000 PLO $500 6-Max: Soheb “PunchinAir” Porbandarwala, $10,446
- Event #5 – $50,000 No-Limit Hold’em High Roller 6-Max: James “Robin_Feld” Poper, $20,886
- Event #6 – $50,000 Progressive Knock-out NLH: Matt “DroppinLoadz” Downey, $11,452
- Event #7 – $50,000 No-Limit Hold’em: Greg “Donostia” Wish, $14,256
There are still five No-Limit Hold’em events on the calendar that give players a chance to win a WSOP PA Online Circuit ring.
Upcoming WSOP PA Circuit tournaments
- Sept. 10: Event #8 — $50,000 progressive knockout
- Sept. 11: Event #9 — $50,000 double stack
- Sept. 12: Event #10 — $100,000 Circuit Main Event
- Sept. 13: Event #11 — $25,000 freeze-out
- Sept. 14: Event #12 — $40,000 six-handed
WSOP PA is also offering two satellites to the $10,000 WSOP Main Event this weekend.
Tonight (Friday, Sept. 10) at 10 p.m. ET, players can try to win their way into November’s Main Event for $160. Poker skills aren’t required because this is an all-in event where players will start with 500 chips, which will automatically be put all-in every hand until the last person is standing. Players don’t even need to be online to qualify. A minimum of 64 players is necessary for the tourney to take place, which is also the maximum number.
On Sunday, Sept. 12, at 3 p.m. ET, skill will become a factor in a $215 one-rebuy event that will award at least one Main Event seat to the winner.