Your Top 3 Best Value Tournaments

S

sundizzel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm wondering what are everyone's top 3 best value tournaments. Hopefully, this might provide some opportunity to others in similar buy-in levels that are not currently participating in that tournament. Please include: 1) the site on which you play, 2) your approximate current bankroll (if that's not too personal), and 3) the top 3 best value tournaments that you play, in order!
  • Site: America's Cardroom (ACR)
  • Current Bankroll: $50 (don't laugh at me, I started with $0 a couple months ago!)
  • My Best Value Tournaments:
    1. $0.27 Buy-In "$500 GTD - 8-Max" (Daily)
    2. $0.27 Buy-In "$125 GTD - 6-Max" (Daily)
    3. $0.55 Buy-In "$250 GTD" (Daily)
Looking forward to hearing what you guys play in and seeing you on the tables!

- Sundizzel

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You might not want to hear this, but the best value is found by moving up a bit, at least if you value the time, you spend. I mostly play on 888 Poker, and the best value is their 2,2$ R+A tournaments, since you only pay rake of the initial buyin but not of the rebuys and add-ons. In top of that they tend to be very soft while still generating some reasonable price pools of typically 600-1.200$. The second best value is the 5,5$ R+A tournaments for pretty much the same reasons. Not quite as soft but a rake bargain and with slightly larger price pools of 1.000-2.000$. A reasonable bankroll for the 2,2$ R+As is 500$, and for the 5,5$ R+As its 1.500$.

S

sundizzel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You might not want to hear this, but the best value is found by moving up a bit, at least if you value the time, you spend. I mostly play on 888 Poker, and the best value is their 2,2$ R+A tournaments, since you only pay rake of the initial buyin but not of the rebuys and add-ons. In top of that they tend to be very soft while still generating some reasonable price pools of typically 600-1.200$. The second best value is the 5,5$ R+A tournaments for pretty much the same reasons. Not quite as soft but a rake bargain and with slightly larger price pools of 1.000-2.000$. A reasonable bankroll for the 2,2$ R+As is 500$, and for the 5,5$ R+As its 1.500$.

I agree! Unfortunately, I am more or less forced to play on America's Cardroom because of my location. Also unfortunately, my bankroll can't quite justify those buy-ins just yet unless I wanted to have a bit of gamble.

I have seen $1.65 and $2.20 buy-in tournaments with $1,500 and $2,000 GTD and have started playing one of the $1.65 each day, but I don't want to blow my roll by registering for too many too quickly. I've profited the past 5 days in a row at my current buy-ins with 2 final tables and shipped a tourney for a ticket to a $50,000 GTD on Sunday. Therefore, I'll keep this up until I can get into those better value $1 - $5 tournaments.

Cheers, and good luck on the felt!

- Sundizzel

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm wondering what are everyone's top 3 best value tournaments. Hopefully, this might provide some opportunity to others in similar buy-in levels that are not currently participating in that tournament. Please include: 1) the site on which you play, 2) your approximate current bankroll (if that's not too personal), and 3) the top 3 best value tournaments that you play, in order!
  • Site: America's Cardroom (ACR)
  • Current Bankroll: $50 (don't laugh at me, I started with $0 a couple months ago!)
  • My Best Value Tournaments:
    1. $0.27 Buy-In "$500 GTD - 8-Max" (Daily)
    2. $0.27 Buy-In "$125 GTD - 6-Max" (Daily)
    3. $0.55 Buy-In "$250 GTD" (Daily)
Looking forward to hearing what you guys play in and seeing you on the tables!

- Sundizzel

I can only point you to two events that are "value" events that I play.
Site: ACR
BR: Sufficient to play $6-$10 dollar events comfortably.

Value Events:
1. 600gtd 8-max $1.65 buyin
This event - when they were running the FU Covid series - was an excellent event to play because there was a 750gtd for the same price that ran at the same time. I prefer this 600 over the 750 because the 750 was always a larger field, and it was a hyper turbo, which always ended up in a bingo fest nearing the money all the way up to FT.
The field of the 600 has increased since the FU Covid series has ended - but it is still a smaller field than most other 1.65 buyin events.

2. 8k gtd $6.60 buyin
This event only runs on certain days - however the value in it comes from the relatively smaller field. Min-cash has always been 3x or more the initial buyin - so that is a great value compared to other events.

S

sundizzel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can only point you to two events that are "value" events that I play.
Site: ACR
BR: Sufficient to play $6-$10 dollar events comfortably.

Value Events:
1. 600gtd 8-max $1.65 buyin
This event - when they were running the FU Covid series - was an excellent event to play because there was a 750gtd for the same price that ran at the same time. I prefer this 600 over the 750 because the 750 was always a larger field, and it was a hyper turbo, which always ended up in a bingo fest nearing the money all the way up to FT.
The field of the 600 has increased since the FU Covid series has ended - but it is still a smaller field than most other 1.65 buyin events.

2. 8k gtd $6.60 buyin
This event only runs on certain days - however the value in it comes from the relatively smaller field. Min-cash has always been 3x or more the initial buyin - so that is a great value compared to other events.

Thanks for the input! While the $6.60 is out of my wheelhouse unless I want to take a shot (although I got a nice cash putting my BR at $300, rather than $50 now), I have been wondering about the smaller-guarantee $1.65 tournaments because I have been playing the huge field $1,500 GTD. When I place, it's well worth it, but I often don't place, in which case it's a lot of time put into a tourney for nothing. I think I may try out the $1.65 buy-in $600 GTD, so maybe we'll run into each other on the table! Cheers!

- Sundizzel

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sundizzel - I forgot to mention one other.

It is a 250gtd 6-max event - I can't remember the price because I only played in it one time as I'm not too fond of 6-max tourneys. Also the tourney only runs on one or two days - so it is not on a regular daily cycle like others.

The one time I did play in it - I ended up making FT - just playing ultra NIT. lol

Since my 6-max skills are not up to par - I just nitted it up completely - and players were willing to pay me off when I had nutted hands.

There is also a 250gtd that runs quite late for me I think it starts at 9 or 10pm but it is only 0.55 cent buyin. I have taken this event down several times, but because of my work schedule - FT often does not wrap up until 2-3 am so it is hard to play during the week.

Hope you get some scores from theses!!

S

sundizzel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sundizzel - I forgot to mention one other.

There is also a 250gtd that runs quite late for me I think it starts at 9 or 10pm but it is only 0.55 cent buyin. I have taken this event down several times, but because of my work schedule - FT often does not wrap up until 2-3 am so it is hard to play during the week.

Hope you get some scores from theses!!

I'll keep an eye out for that 6-max, although it doesn't ring a bell. I play a $0.27 6-max with a $125 GTD that is daily if that's the one you're referring to.

And I also try to register for the $0.55 with a $250 GTD, but two nights ago I fell asleep while ITM during the break and woke up at 1:30 A.M. with the screen saying I placed 19th--lol... A bit late for me, as well, but thanks again for the tips!

- Sundizzel

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll keep an eye out for that 6-max, although it doesn't ring a bell. I play a $0.27 6-max with a $125 GTD that is daily if that's the one you're referring to.

And I also try to register for the $0.55 with a $250 GTD, but two nights ago I fell asleep while ITM during the break and woke up at 1:30 A.M. with the screen saying I placed 19th--lol... A bit late for me, as well, but thanks again for the tips!

- Sundizzel

LOL I've been there - though didn't fall asleep - wanted to though.
I think the other one only runs on one day - it is not the 125gtd. I'll look back at my records and see when it was I played in it and respond here.

ACR is always creating new events and taking down others, so its quite the adventure to see what new ones are available.

The upcoming MOSS special event will have several tourneys under a dollar.

S

sundizzel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The upcoming MOSS special event will have several tourneys under a dollar.

No sweat if you can't find that specific tourney. And, yeah, I'm looking forward to the MOSS big time! As well as the Fight Club PKO to which I've won one entry so far but would like a few more if they resume the flights. However, I haven't seen any additional flights since ACR went down yesterday and they cancelled yesterday's.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My records indicate I played that 250 6-max on a Tuesday

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Value is hard to pin down (it moves around a lot). You are on the right path here. Identifying the best tournaments to play will increase your ROI and decrease your time invested. :)

Well done!