Your schedule in mtt (serious & pro player )

B

babikhatar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi , i have a question from pro player and who is serious in poker mtt ...

What is your schedule in mtt in a month ?
I mean how many days u play and how many days you rest ...

I know it's different in any season but i want to know how many days u play in a month routine ...

I get tired after 2 week play ( with 2 day off in the week ) and get very nervous in game and i need one week rest ... is that normal ?

Second question :

What u do after the game in a day ( if u play serious every day )

What is your plan for entire day for recovery and reduse stress ?
Do u have routine plan after mtt ?

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, while I'm not a pro player, the note about you playing for a long stretch of time and feeling tired might be a concern on how viable becoming a pro player might be for you. Unless you're playing at much higher stakes, success at lower stakes requires grinding and playing many, many hours. Sounds like playing constantly isn't something you're ready for yet, so maybe you can set some reasonable goals and try to work up to playing a lower amount of hours first and then work up to more and more.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After a busy schedule of games, I reduce the number of days to play to three. Also, when I'm tired, I play freerolls for distraction.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I know it's different in any season but i want to know how many days u play in a month routine ...

I get tired after 2 week play ( with 2 day off in the week ) and get very nervous in game and i need one week rest ... is that normal ?

Second question :

I am far from pro, but I play almost every day, 26-28 days in a month, sometimes, dont take any day off. For me no problem, to sit there playing 10-14 hours. Back in time, i could do the same in a 'real workplace' for 8-14 hours, to be honest that was more annoying, made me nervous, stressful much more than grinding in poker.

And of course, sometimes i get very nervous because of poker, too. I accepted as part of me, the game. You can get, so you will get nervous, stressful time by time doing any other repetative activities.

Playing only on micro and low, so make it profitable, worthy takes 10-14 hours daily, at least 5-6 days/week.

Dont have real schedule, as i dont have the life style schedule - i think you cant have a fixed one next to poker -, have around 50 tourneys, what I am ready to play everyday, depends on how it is going how many tables are running - dont like more than 6 -, play daily 15-20, better to say in a month around 500 tourneys.

As one day goes well, i finish hours later, so next day i start later, have little routine in my days, get up, drink coffee, eat, sometimes prepare something for the day, or do the necessary other things, and when i know, no other things to do, no disturbing can come, then sit down and start to play...

if goes bad, i finish hours earlier, so i do some other activities, if i dont go to sleep, or cant yet.

like this, the days mixed by the time. Last week, i had pretty much daily schedule, in local time from 8-22, in this week because of some deep going tourneys it went to someting like 16-07, so someties because of this i need an extra day off, get back normal, take enough rest, or rarely i just 'skip a day' in 1-2 weeks period, because of long session hours. (what is good anyway, that means i was in FT bubble, on FT many times in a row for few days....)

I have no problem with this, at all. i know plenty people can't do it. I can. It is like a job or sport, not any job, sport are suitable for everybody, because of different reasons.....

Find it out yourself, what is the best for you.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Hope a pro will see and reply to this very interesting question otherwise you can ask the pros we have here in the forum , they have threads for general questions like this one!

Each person is different but I feel like you. I really get bored whenever I play too often this great game but let's be honest, it becomes monotone after a while. You do the same thing over and over again, Lucky me I have some free time in the evenings and I can play if I want but I skip several days because I am simply not in the mood for poker.

Other players can play 7 days a week without get bored , I would say don't put yourself into a schedule and play whenever you want. You won't play your A game and maybe you are prone to making more mistakes!

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the game session if it was very tense and there were heavy games in terms of the fact that the winnings were given very hard and there were failures big losses then you need a very big rest this is my personal opinion!

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Almost every day there is a cardhat and some other mt. I don’t take it too seriously.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Second question :

I think many people are aware that the more players participate in the tournament, the better the squad, the structure of the blinds and the higher the ROI, but the variance also accelerates, because the player will have to fight for good prize money much less often. In honor of progressive knockout tournaments, there is usually a better composition and lower variance: before we reach ITM, we often beat off the buy-in or part of it. The last word is for the player: he chooses from the list of tournaments what he can play by buy-in and what time he can play. If he wants to reduce variance, he can only leave PSKOs and small fields in the load, but at the same time he is aware that this slows down the development and expectation of the game.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi babikhatar. I play everyday unless I'm feeling bad. But I've set my times to play. I start at noon and play until 5pm, which is if I'm only playing cash those hours, but if I have some MTTs to play I go longer. For example, I'm going to play cash first on SB and Bovada. Then I have a MTT that starts at 1pm on Bovada, so I will drop the cash table there. Then I have a MTT on SB that starts at 3:45pm. Last of all, I have the ACR/CC freeroll at 5pm and the BOL/CC freeroll at 6pm. So this is a packed day. Last of all, I think setting your times to play, will help with your stress. GL to you

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My schedule is simple.

Do I have time to play?
  • yes: play
  • no: don't play

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I am not a pro, but if I can tell you that in my case I used to play every day, but that does not mean that I was playing all day, I just had fixed tournaments that I always played and since I was not sitting all day playing I think that It did not affect me much, but there are times that simply when they have been difficult tournaments I prefer to reduce my playing time, after playing I simply do things that have nothing to do with poker so I can clear my mind and forget if I had a bad moment in the game game (even for a little while)