You prefer, Bounty builder or normal tournaments?

D

Dentada

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both, PKO is funnier, but on a daily basis, I prefer to play regular tournaments.

J

jorik2006

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
previously,I didn't consider PKO as tournaments at all, but I tried it a couple of times and liked it. now I play knockouts more often than regular tournaments.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if your good at them,,,,KO tourny's can be both Fun n Profitable!! :deal: I love them,,,, ;)

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer Bounty builder. I like it

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
normal tournaments. the ko change a lot and there is a lot of variance.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Both are good, but the Bounty Builder is excited because after we eliminate the opponent we get our prize, which makes the tournament more aggressive than normal tournaments

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Its a difficult question. For my fun factor i prefer bounty builder, because you could earn some money without playing a lots of hours. But the best success i have in normal structured tourneys. In Bounty builder i level me in some hands just to win the bounty but in this case i often loose some important chips and my future value is getting down.

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like regular tournaments more, since I have a non-aggressive style of play, tight, so I won't beat off the entrance by knocking out, but I can calmly sit to the ITM in a regular tournament.

C

cotydys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bounties are a lot of fun if you wait for the right time to take someone out but they are shove heavy tournaments so I prefer standard.

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the CC Tournements...and try to win.

I like the CC Tournements...and try to win.

I think if you play alot you will win atleast some thing over time. Some games you have alot of luck. Some games you have zero luck from the 1st hand.

But...

It's all FUN FUN FUN!!!

Thank you for listening!

..bluff..

:icon_sant

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play bounty more, regular tournaments are less profitable, there are prizes for knocking out in bounty, and in simple ones you should play slowly and less aggressively bounty is definitely better

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These are my favorite poker formats, I like to play both.
I’m not a fan of cash game, spin & go, zoom, and I only play them when I win a free ticket, or if they’re involved in some challenge or promotion that I conclude might be worthwhile.

D

daurensdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I only play bounty, here every hand is interesting, in simple ones there is not enough patience to wait for itm

D

daniel411

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer normal tournaments, in bounty tournaments i saw too many players which only hope only on luck and got it

ked717su

ked717su

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have enough nerves to play in Bounty tournaments, they push any hand when they see a small stack. It is impossible to play premium hands normally, always with small hands or sit cards

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing for bounty in progressive knockouts is much more comfortable. Motivation increases several times and players take more risks in crucial moments of the game.

gery

gery

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The tournaments i like a lot more, many peoples a huge amount of cash what the heart wants more.

Schokk

Schokk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think KO tournaments have some pluses. The first one is that you can earn your buy-in amount even before the end of the tournament. But another thing is ICM, you should know it and follow, because you will receive a lot of all-ins in your face

weralomos

weralomos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
players take more risks in crucial moments of the game.

That's exactly right.
And we take advantage of that by accepting their bluff when we have KK+.:cool:

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer normal. Bounty tournaments don't work well with my style of playing.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I prefer normal. Bounty tournaments don't work well with my style of playing.

I don't like them either. But.. they seem to be all the rage these days and have been for awhile now. My thoughts are, the bigger donks feel good about taking down a few KO's, and has them feeling like they've won something.
I'm not very familiar with the adjustments needing to be made in those games (I mean I have the general idea but I don't know 'the math' involved in decision-making there and can't be sure if I'm calling off correctly.. or getting it in too wide in certain spots). I suppose I should study the game some & I see there's even a current book on them (& I'm pretty sure I purchased it awhile ago... maybe I should read it before it is outdated). I have no doubt they can be profitable as I'm sure they attract the most fish.

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PKO's for sure! Much better roi

bertaS1234

bertaS1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like knockouts, I like to play aggressively, I often hit the buy-in for half an hour of play, and then I just play for luck