You have top two pair in the flop but it's all spades (or one naipe) should you slow-play or bet for value?

duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You have 10,8 and the flop comes 2,10,8 all spades.

Should you slow-play or bet for value? If the turn comes another spades, and the opponent bets big, you call or fold? If you call and the river dosn't improve your hand and either the opponent's flush. What is the play? Bet 1/3 of the pot, bet half pot, check, or if the opponent check-raise, fold?

I think in general, how often should you be scared of a possibility of a flush?

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Should you slow-play or bet for value? If the turn comes another spades, and the opponent bets big, you call or fold? If you call and the river dosn't improve your hand and either the opponent's flush. What is the play? Bet 1/3 of the pot, bet half pot, check, or if the opponent check-raise, fold?

Generally speaking I would slow play the 2 pair. if the flush is there or is on a draw for it your chips would definitely be in jeopardy, Just a thought why would you be playing 10.8??? at best you are 52% against random cards..

duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Generally speaking I would slow play the 2 pair. if the flush is there or is on a draw for it your chips would definitely be in jeopardy, Just a thought why would you be playing 10.8??? at best you are 52% against random cards..
Thanks! Yes, I would only play 10.8 if I'm big blind and cost nothing to see a flop. The question I was trying to make was what to do if you have two pair and the flop comes all one naipe. I'm usually scared of flush's all the time. Thanks for the response!

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Definitely slowplaying to bet for value :unsure:

duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Definitely slowplaying to bet for value :unsure:
Even if the flop it's all one naipe? But I can see why a bet for value it's good. What if the villan calls, and what if the turn comes a spade aswell. What should you do then?
Thanks for the response!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless its super multiway, thats a bet for value all day long. Plenty of worse hands can call including draws and top pair. If another spade comes, you can slow down and evaluate.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hello. WIth such cards i think that i wouldn't play. Of course if i'm not on the big blind with only limps from other players.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
it's very rare for an opponent to have a flush so you just need to get it off, but if he shows a strong hand on the river after the turn, I think you'll have to believe it:) but it all depends on the bets

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Should you slow-play or bet for value?

No, don't slow play it.

You aren't trapping, sure you have 2 pairs but they're very exposed to AT, A8, KT, or even someone sat there with a pocket pair, so slow playing them would not be a good idea.

Flushes among the community cards show up a lot, and though Ppl like to go with any suited cards...all you can do against that is make them pay to see it.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
it's very rare for an opponent to have a flush so you just need to get it off, but if he shows a strong hand on the river after the turn, I think you'll have to believe it:) but it all depends on the bets

Not for you Mr Lucky....calling AK Jams after you've raised with KT and hitting runner runner straights

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On a board like T82 all spades somewhat scared but not all that much. The issue on this board is, all the high spades (A, K, Q, J) are available, so people can certainly have a flush. But against just 1-2 opponents most of the time T8 will be the best hand, and nobody will have a flush or set. However if yet another spade hit the board, thats a whole different story, because now the opponents only need one spade to make a flush not two.

But for that reason its also important to bet the flop for protection. If someone have a hand like 33 with 3 of spades, they actually have 11 outs to draw out of T8. But they dont know, their 3 high flushdraw is live, so most likely they will be willing to fold to a bet of around half pot on the flop. Or if someone have J9 or 97, they have 8 outs to a straight. But at least some people dont want to draw to a straight on a monotone board, because two of their outs are very much tainted, and they could be drawing dead already.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Bet small (1/3 or 1/4) on all streets to get called by worse hands like overpairs.

totomania

totomania

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
It depends a lot on how the pre-flop action went, and what position each one is in, but I would bet for value most of the time trying to draw the draws and draws. On the turn I would play more cautiously and depending on the villain's action I turn off my two pairs