As you get deeper in these tournament?

E

eugenedav

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
My question is how do remain deepstack late in these tournaments? I have a huge stack late these tourneys still finding myself out either min cash or out. It's very tilting I know I'm better than what my results show. I need some advice and pointers. :confused::confused:

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Check your movements at this stage of the tournament, if this happens to you very often it is because you make the same mistake. You just have to check what you do frequently

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The remaining players at the end of tournament play better so tighten up your game!

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

As you get further on in an Mtt, you have to remember a lot of the dead money is allready out, and usually better players are left. I dont know if you have clamped up, and toned down agression later on. If this is a the case it is a mistake3 to get blinded down at he higher ante levels. If you have been hemorraging chips, in the late stages do to loose action , tighten up your palying range preflop.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You just have to vary your play depending on how the pay structure is and how the remaining players play.

Sometimes it's best to fold QJ for example. Other times it's fine to shove it even from early position.

There really isn't a one-size-fits-all way to go about it. It's about feel and experience.

Akinled

Akinled

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean normal MTTs are turbo compared to 1 hour live tournament blind rounds, and even in 1 hour live tournaments the best players in the world are eliminated often.

pit85

pit85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My question is how do remain deepstack late in these tournaments? I have a huge stack late these tourneys still finding myself out either min cash or out. It's very tilting I know I'm better than what my results show. I need some advice and pointers. :confused::confused:
Always depends what players are on your table ...If you are lucky and your cards are good on begin and someone is happy to pay .Just wait your best cards and use them like hammer :)

rabman50

rabman50

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We need more information before we can give constructive advice.

Are you playing online or live?
If online do you use tracking software?
What stage of the tournament are you in?
Is this near the bubble or after the bubble has burst?
Are you blinding down due to lack of good starting hands?
Or are you getting caught trying to bully shorter stacks with marginal hands?

Give some specifics and maybe someone can help.