Can you build a bankroll from just freerolls?

AmidamaruRu

AmidamaruRu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why not? if it is profitable for you, it is not a mistake

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did it in this year, more than once. Depends on how much time you have. Personally, I know people who became full time online players, profitable of course, only from freerolls.

You should play all the available freerolls for few weeks, if you are not bad, that gives you enough playing on micro level.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey, thanks
What doyou consider a bankroll? in the least :) & how do you keep your winnings? or do you wait until it fills p only playing freerolls?
Cheers
I did it in this year, more than once. Depends on how much time you have. Personally, I know people who became full time online players, profitable of course, only from freerolls.

You should play all the available freerolls for few weeks, if you are not bad, that gives you enough playing on micro level.

B

blakeup295

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is quite possible, I played on freerolls reached a Bank of 180 dollars, the capital to start seems not bad, but I was not able to increase it, I lost this Bank and now I'm trying to start from scratch again

MOTIVATION THANK YOU .. lol

MoCoSolo

MoCoSolo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many can you find?

If you're bankrolling on a single site, curious as to how many freerolls are even available to you.

Sports Betting has two weekly $100 freerolls through Cards Chat and one $100 monthly freeroll through PSO where only top ten get $10.

I've been out of the online poker game for awhile and I'm sure there are more popular sites with more freerolls, but if you are a working adult, probably best to just start with a bankroll you are comfortable with working off of as grinding 5-6 hours to win $20 for only 1st place is rough.

Wild McLean

Wild McLean

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Been there done that
This is quite possible, I played on freerolls reached a Bank of 180 dollars, the capital to start seems not bad, but I was not able to increase it, I lost this Bank and now I'm trying to start from scratch again

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Of course it is possible to build a bankroll from freerolls. I have built $100 bankrolls from nothing multiple times.

The real trick is whether you can keep the bankroll alive once you start playing with some skin in the game.

dajallina

dajallina

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Everything is possible, there is only one problem, how not to lose these funds before we build the planned bankroll 😉

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
of course you can !!! dont give up and try to see what you can do better or improve your game :)

K

kapos77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
you can) I once earned a few dollars on freerolls, after which I switched to real money tournaments and earned $200

jasioo

jasioo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Of course, you can build an initial bankroll ("a penny saved is a penny earned"), but the most important value for you should be that for free you can gain experience (which is priceless) that you will need in the further stages of your poker career. When you collect some money from freerolls you can try micro tournaments or micro sng

Spielkind

Spielkind

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes you can! Its a long way and absolute possible :) Good luck --Play at CC Freerolls

Spielkind

Spielkind

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes you can! Its a long way and absolute possible :) Good luck --Play at CC Freerolls
i made a 13000 $ Ticket for WSOPE 2017 Main Event in 2 Freerols---pre quali and won the final

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes but it isn't easy. I did okay in a few freerolls including winning one, played some small cash tournaments and did all right then took off some money. You won't pay your rent with this though, and I multitask if it's only playing a music video.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
:confused:
can you bank only with freerolls?

I think I have not been able to achieve it, my best profit in a free is below $ 2:D

Absolutely you can! I have done it on several poker sites over the years, I found the biggest problem for most players is they win a Couple of Dollars in a Freeroll and then take their winnings to a cash table hoping to double it up over and over again, This does not work and before long you finish up losing everything.
Tournament Poker and Cash tables are two different types of Poker, sure it can be No Limit Texas Hold-em but they require a different strategy for each and if you cannot see the difference you are certainly not ready for Cash Games.
Stay away from Cash games until you have studied Cash Game strategies and stick with Freerolls, They cost nothing and any win is a step closer to having a decently sized Bankroll, and from that you can concentrate on playing Single Table Sit and Goes, I personally wait until I have $25.00 in my Bankroll before I start playing single table games and then I am only buying in for 25 or 50 Cents a game,
Keeping to a 1% or 2% maximum buy-in I have built up my $25.00 into over $150 over a period of time on many sites, pokerstars being my best to date with well over $600.00 in my Account.
To some players even that is Peanuts, but for me it is all Profit! and it has not cost me a single penny to make. Playing On-line Poker is Virtual Poker and all the money I have made is Virtual Money, To me, that means it is not Real until I get my hands on it, because it is money I don't need, it stays in my Account and grows. My Live game Bankroll however is much bigger and I rarely use it unless my Wife or I want to treat ourselves, I have not played a live game now for over 3 Years, because of Covid and the Lockdowns but it is still, well over £3,000.00.

Bankroll Management Strategies Work!

Amigodzzz

Amigodzzz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
The size of the buy-ins your bankroll allows depends on several factors. Among these the variant you play, if it is PLO, your bankroll must be higher than that required if you play No Limit Hold'em because in Omaha the variance is greater. But it also depends on your playing style, a wide aggressive game requires a higher money pool than a tight-aggressive style.

The bankroll required will also vary depending on whether you play in a tournament, cash game or sit n go. It is commonly accepted that MTT players need a larger bankroll as the swings can be significant.

The table below recommends the number of buy-ins required for the majority of games available on the internet (note that the bankrolls required live and online are not the same).

Regarding tournaments, the figures mentioned below are the number of buy-ins. So if you play €5 MTTs, a minimum of 100 buy-ins is required, i.e. a bankroll of €500. For cash games, this is the maximum buy-in limit: if you play at a six-player NLHE table, €0.10/0.25, whose maximum buy-in is €25, it is preferable to have €2,500.

gambling (online) Minimum Medium Cautious
No-limit hold'em (6-max.), cash game 30 buy-ins 50 buy-ins 100 buy-ins
Hold'em without limit (full ring), cash game 25 40 75
Omaha Pot-Limit (6-max.), cash game 50 100 150
Omaha Pot-Limit (full ring), cash game 30 50 100
No-limit hold'em, 9-player sit-n-gos 30 50 100
No-limit hold'em, 45-player sit-n-gos 50 100 150
No-limit hold'em, 180-player sit-n-gos 100 200 500
No limit hold'em, multi-table tournaments 100 200 500
No-Limit Hold'em, multi-table tournaments (large field) 200 400 600

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:confused:
can you bank only with freerolls?

I think I have not been able to achieve it, my best profit in a free is below $ 2:D

Yes you can but it takes time and discipline, currently I play on 4 sites, I have not depository in over a year and have a positive cash balance in all accounts, as well I have withdrawn over $300 in the past year. No I won't get rich but I get to play have fun and yes build a small bankroll

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is, but you need to be a really good player
You don't have to be a good player to earn a bankroll on freerolls. You need to be a good player so that you don’t lose this bankroll later.:)

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It's very possible, as long as you know how to manage your profits. Keep in mind that many novice players manage a budget of 10 dollars. Reaching them with a freeroll is not impossible at all. good luck

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, of course, if you are a well-disciplined player, absolutely.

hennessy5

hennessy5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Jeans89 started his career by playing freerolls and he is a millionaire now. He never deposited

Mantinhoo

Mantinhoo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LT
Chips
Everything is possible, but you must be extremely patient.. a few dollars can evaporate very quickly if you are not patient and smart.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management Freeroll Passwords