Can you get away from KK

M

MicroBratt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you get away from having PK KK's under the gun, with starting stack around 25k, BB is 900, you raise 2.5 to 3.5 the BB, you get a 4 bet into you from the BT he has around 145k. Still quite early in the tournament.

Do you 1. re raise him? 2. Smooth call to see the flop if your putting him on AA or AK? 3. Shove all in?

I re raised him then he of course shoved me all in.
flop was 64X rainbow turn A river J.

Just wanted to see what other would think of in that spot, online which this happened and what about a live tournament?
tnx all.

B

blackchip

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough call with small stack

Can you get away from having PK KK's under the gun, with starting stack around 25k, BB is 900, you raise 2.5 to 3.5 the BB, you get a 4 bet into you from the BT he has around 145k. Still quite early in the tournament.

Do you 1. re raise him? 2. Smooth call to see the flop if your putting him on AA or AK? 3. Shove all in?

Just wanted to see what other would think of in that spot, online which this happened and what about a live tournament?
tnx all.

I knew a pro that could lay down KK, he'd have to have a good read on his VP/PF but he would min raise him, and if he had low numbers and came back over the top he would save his chips. Can't loose what you don't put in the middle.:flute:

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

tnx all.

I know that you said it was early in the tournament, but were you avg stack? How far off the money? What range did you put your player on? Sounds like high Ax or smaller pocket pair if they play snug. Could have a wider range if they are aggro.

I would personally flat, check call, the give up on that turn.

What hand did the player have vs your KK?

onione6ix

onione6ix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very hard for me to just call the 3bet in this situation. I Normally raise.

M

MicroBratt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This was a $60 buy in for the 40k GTD blinds were at 900 so still kinda early, he ended up having AA's. I don't know I guess a lot of us don't mind getting it in pre flop with betting and re raises are going between the 2, with hands like KK and AA, but I also think the amount of the buy in probably does come into consideration of what we would do or not do and what stage we are at, close to the bubble etc.. But does this effect us overall on how we play, should we treat a $60 tournament like a $500 buy in?
Or just chalk it up as KK vs AA and so be it. Hope we hit the K.

tnx fellas for the replys. Always appreciated.:top:

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The conversation was literally just concluding as the dealer pitched cards for the next hand,

and uncannily Esfandiari was dealt
kh.gif
kc.gif
under the gun and raised.

After a couple of folds Negreanu looked down at
qd.gif
qc.gif
and three-bet to $3,500 from the button. Dwan then woke up with
as.gif
ac.gif
in the big blind and made it $14,000 to go...…………...

From the point of view of strategy, the topic of folding
kx.gif
kx.gif
prefop is perhaps somewhat trivial given the extreme rarity of the situation.

That said, analyses of scenarios in which a player with pocket kings genuinely faces such an option affords an opportunity to discuss meaningfully a variety of strategy-related topics — including the significance of preflop aggression, position, three- and four-betting (and five- and six- and so on), hand reading and "range reading," and table image.

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK

tnx all.

What did they have? All you said was that they shoved all in haha. The suspense is killing me!

Anyway back to the question. For me it depends on a few things which is sad but true. If it's like a microstakes tourney my decision might be a little more influenced to re raise after he 4x'd or just to flat. That aside... I think if its early in the tournament it's totally acceptable to just flat him and see the flop. If you bet it and they're still crazy aggressive... then hey maybe you've seen enough and can lay it down. To this day I really think i've mucked KK's maybe once pre flop. And that was due to being extremely deep in a tourney and wanting to make it to the final table. That being said i've seen someone show QQ after I claimed that I was mucking KK.

It's an extremely tough spot. Good post.

Travis
BCP - horseshoebhole

E

Easteral

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I was reraised making it heads up I'd try to all in kk. If it was a multiway I'd try to milk it for more chips hoping everyone shared an ace. But kk does lose, and thats just bad luck. I was in a 150$ buy in tourney the other day right before the money , with kk, flop was 2 6 9 rainbow. guy who had bet 4 times the blind all ined, other players folded, i thought i could be getting hit by a set, but i called , he flipped aa , and when that happens you cant get discouraged, you got to believe you made the best decision. If you folded everytime there youd never make 1st place. .. To answer the question, I have a real hard time getting away from KK. I need a ace on the board and drool to be coming out of my opponents mouth.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would had gone all in with pocket KK. But unfortunately sometimes you have to fold pocket KK's like you said you had 25K and it was still early in the tournament.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online I am not going to lay this hand down preflop and I am not going to complain if the opponent has AA. I doubt I would even consider ICM.

There are no reliable leads online to indicate AA.

I have layed down QQ albeit rarely.

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are talking about preflop, then you need to put kk in allin, very rarely your opponent will have aa there.