Are you a winning freeroll player?

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Are you a winning freeroll player?"

I am not...I lost a lot of money at the freerolls. I am a losing player.

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on which way and be a winner in poker. Win a lot of tournaments? Being a professional player who lives from poker? Or be a profitable lucky player.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'd just like to iterate that I was slow to join the FRC, had a long break out of the FRC in the middle of my four years here, that I only play CC's PS freerolls and have only played CC freerolls on any other platform once, maybe twice... :laugh:

:wink:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

en premier lieu jamais mais j'ai eu des places payées

Je suis désolé de vous dire que les messages non écrits en anglais sont supprimés..

Vous pouvez écrire en français ici...

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/int...-8/french-fil-thread-de-discussion-en-384097/

Il y a un traducteur intégré sur les forums pour vous faciliter la tâche, trouvez les détails ici...

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/intros-foreign-languages-8/we-have-a-translator-in-forum-354125/

Cordialement.​

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have made some money in freerolls been playing them for 30 years.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerolls means free money and if you are in the money, you are winning player

P

pospo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am keep loosing freerolls, for example: i have ak opponent have aq and 3rd player wins with t 7, its hard to fold ak, and people in freerolls dont respect chips

27Eleven

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe yes, a little

It depends of tournament prize and quantity of players, if it's a tournament with 1K prize and 1500 players with 15% itm, the most probably I play with all focus there, but if it was a tournament with 3% itm and 4k players for 100$ is most probably that play like a recreational player

I never make rebuy/add on so I think I'm a little winner(?)

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, I rarely win and then no big money. Today's prize at Unibet is € 2.

C

CaptainXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never lose money in freerolls, and sometimes win a bit, so yes.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This thread really highlights who actually reads threads and who just replies to the title... :laugh:

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's difficult to lose there and no rebuys :D

B

Bigfish420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m new to CardsChat and poker and I would love to get involved in freerolls especially the ones CardsChat put on and I would be extremely happy to win one one day [emoji16]

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are very useful in building or starting a bankroll. However playing freerolls can be time consuming and sometimes may not pay off but at least it improved your skill level and didn't cost you anything.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

How could you consider yourself a winning freeroll player? one who at least wins one of the paid positions? or those who get to the first place

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's impossible to be a losing free roll player. Everybody has a positive expectation by playing in a free roll. It's a question of how much of a positive expectation you have. Some players already mentioned in this thread take down more than a fair share of the prize money, so you could call them the "winning players", but by definition every participant is "winning". If you look at your poker tracker software it will always be green for no buyin games

ThibiOP

ThibiOP

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won only once ;) I am still noob player :)

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Non US players who play PS for example will need to approximate the buy in by dividing the prize amount plus 10% by the average number of players (so for a $100 freeroll with 300 entries, the imaginary buy-in would be 33 cents).

This is basically how I look it. (Your calculation left out the 10% though, the imaginary buy in would be 36 cents). I don't keep detailed stats though because I know I beat them. But if you did you would just discount your winnings by these imaginary buy ins.

That would tell you you're beating the freeroll pool, which is going to be the softest pool of tournament players. If you're not beating the freeroll pool, you probably won't beat tournaments with buy ins either.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I make money at freerolls. How do you lose money at freerolls?

V

valen_niyee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Too confusing for me. For me you just count your expected earnings/time you spent working. If it is positive than you are making money for freerolls. Because one thing that you burn on freerolls is time. Usually when you enter final table on freerolls tournament, you averagely burn 3 hours of your time.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Could it be considered a winner who reaches among the paid poker positions?

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]